• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What's Cookin Good Lookin

Want to know what the doctor saw in my chart that made her go running and send me to the hospital??

Want to know why I had a team of doctors trying to decide how to remove a calcification from me??

Want to know why I've been non-existent for the past 2 months in cyber land??

It's cause we're having another one of these!

That's right folks Baby Davies #3 is cooking and on it's way! My due date is August 8th so I will be a nice big beached whale right in the middle of pool season...perfect!

With everything going on with me they tried to do what was best for the baby and me but there were a lot of risks and we were told that the chance that I would miscarry would be very high. Let me tell you waiting on the table while the doctor did the ultrasound at my first check up after the surgery was horrible. I couldn't breathe as he moved the thing around to try and get a picture of the baby. Waiting to see the baby move and hear the heartbeat was almost more than I could handle. Once the heartbeat appeared on the screen I started crying and was so overcome with relief.

Two check-ups and ultrasounds later we have a very healthy and very active baby on our hands! We found out after Thanksgiving and had decided to keep it a secret from our family until we find out the gender in March. We were able to keep it secret for about 6 weeks when my stupid kidneys had to go and ruin anything. I mean honestly...how to do explain to your parents that you are on the Labor and Delivery floor at the hospital without ruining the surprise!

I am 13 weeks and already counting down the days. Each time I get pregnant I pray that my body will accept it this time but it never does. So here's to 6 more months of throwing up everyday!

7 comments:

Jill said...

We are excited for you guys! Hope all goes well with the pregnancy. We also hope you guys get a boy. Our kids will have so much fun playing together.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I just saw your mom on monday night and she told me you were pregnant! That is so exciting. I can't believe you are sick through your whole pregnancy. That is awful. So sorry. I hope you have some good days during the next 6 months. Good luck!

Josh and Michelle said...

Congrats Em and Trent that is so exciting! I dont know how you do it. I deal with a ton less than you while pregnant and I cant stand being preg. I hope everything goes well!

Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness. That's all I can say about your ordeals lately! Your family deserves a break! Here is to hoping your life is stress and worry free for a while, those things are exhausting, ESPECIALLY when you are pregnant!!! Congrats on the baby, what a miracle to hold on to that little bean through your hospitalization!

Mark & Shalon said...

congratulations! hope all goes well!

Stephanie Salmon said...

Holy cow just read every word of your big medical post and that sucks so bad!!! Brandon's dad had a kidney stone a while ago and said it was the worst pain in the whole world. Oh, my heart just goes out to you. Congrats on the baby though! That is so awesome! And I for one am glad that you had to spill the beans a little early so I could be excited for baby #3.

Kris said...

Yay! COngratulations on #3! But what horrible health experience you've been through lately. Crappy! Sorry it has been so awful for you. Hope this pregnancy goes well and that baby continues to be healthy! And ps... congrats on the job. A super blessing!