• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Monday, April 26, 2010

Some-bunny to Love

When explaining the Easter holiday to Erika a month ago she was pretty sure that the Easter Bunny was going to come and leave her an actual bunny in her basket. Needless to say she was sort of upset Easter morning when there was no bunny hopping around. She begged and she begged us for a bunny and then she got smart and started begging the right person for a bunny...her Papa.

On Saturday Erika and Trent went over there in the morning and he helped her build her very own bunny cage. She had so much fun helping build. Just check out our little plumber...I mean builder at work...Erika made sure that he was putting the nails in the right places...such a big helper...This thing is like the Hilton of bunny cages I tell you!
She was very confused though when we got home later that night and she had a cage....but no bunny. I guess she just assumed that the cage would be full of bunnies when it was done being built! We have been watching the classifieds on KSL because there have been a million and a half bunnies for sell since Easter. Did you know that people get bunnies on Easter and then get tired of them like 2 weeks later and want nothing to do with them? Kind of sad but it worked out great to our benefit! There have been tons of ads on KSL for people who are giving their bunny, cage, food, etc away for FREE. Of course you have too see the ad within 5 minutes of it posting and call on it in order to get one.

To help keep Erika's mind off getting a bunny that very minute we would ask her what she would want to name her bunny. We started off with Ariel, Cinderella, Hannah Montana, etc. Then one day she came running in and said to me "Mom I have got it. I have the perfect name for my bunny"

Well last night we found the CUTEST bunny in the whole wide world. We would like you to meet the newest addition to our family:

THUMPER
(of course if you ask Erika to say the name she calls him Thump-Ther, Bumper, or Mister)

That picture above doesn't even remotely show how excited this little girl has been since we picked up Thumper. (Please ignore the Tang mustache she is sporting) She loves laying on the ground and having Thumper lay on her tummy.She loves putting Thumper in her basket and carrying him around.But most of all she loves squeezing the guts out of him!She has been so cute with him and NEVER wants to put him down. She is constantly rocking him to sleep, singing to him and telling him "I know you miss your brothers and sisters but its okay I will love you"She loves everything about the bunny...until he scratched her one time when she was holding him a little TOO tight! She quickly told him "No No No we don't scratch. Why are you hurting me don't you know I love you"I have to admit he is quite the little cutie. He is a mini-rex and his mom was only about double this size so hopefully he stays little. Check out that cute bunny bum!We have been loving having this little bunny to play with. Thumper on the other hand is probably ready to go home and is sick of being held and tortured by a 4 year old.
I didn't get any pictures of it but Lexi loves little Thumper too...especially his eyes! She loves trying to chase after him and bending down to pick him up only to have him hop away from her. Also did you know that rabbits can make squealing noises? I didn't until Lexi was patting his back but ended up mostly trying to flatten him like a pancake and he squealed!

We are enjoying having him around and if you ever need a bunny fix come on over and hold him! That is if you can pry him out of Erika's arms!

4 comments:

Shari Davis said...

How cute is that!!! You've got darling girls! I keep trying to convince my hubs to get Lilli a little pet, but I think our dog would try to attack or something. Oh well. Our dog will do for now. Anyway, Thumper is cute too!

chelsea said...

Thumper is super cute! We had bunnies growing up and actually house trained them so they would go in a litter box. Our dog even played with them.
P.S. I never read your blog without laughing out loud! Sooo funny.

Amanda said...

she is so dang cute and the bunny is adorable!!!

at ally's shower she told me "i like your baby". i thought it was the cutest thing ever!! what a sweet little girl you have! :)

Anonymous said...

That is so adorable! Erika is looking so much bigger!