• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Why So Many Questions


The following conversation happened on the way home from the babysitters today:

Erika: What are we going to do when we get home?
Me: Make a chain to count down when we go to California.
E: What color is it going to be?
M: Whatever color paper we have
E: Where is California?
M: It's over that way
E: How long will it take us to drive there?
M: All day
E: Do we get to take our swimsuits?
M: Yes
E: Does California Nanny still have her blue swimsuit with polka dots?
M: I don't know...maybe
E: How are we going to get to California?
M: We will drive our car
E: Where did you buy our car at?
M: The car store
E: Why did you pick this car? Why didn't you get a pink one?
M: Cause this is the car we wanted
E: Where is Dad?
M: At Grandpa Fugal's
E: How did he get there?
M: He drove the truck
E: Why did Grandpa Davies die?
M: Cause he wanted to go back to heaven and see his family
E: Do you think Thumper misses his Mom and Dad?
M: Yes he probably does
E: Does Lexi have to go to California with us?
M: Yes, don't you want her to come with us?
E: I guess so. Can I pack my ute-case when I get home?
M: No we aren't going to pack until your chain is all gone.
E: We will have to make sure we pack toys to play with in the car huh?
M: Yes we will take things to play with in the car.
E: Can I be Ariel for Halloween this year?
M: BAHAHA....we will see
E: What does that button on the wheel do?
M: It changes my music
E: Who is singing this song?
M: Lady Gaga
E: She's crazy. Do you have this song on your ipod?
M: Yes I do
E: Do you listen to this song on your ipod when you workout?
M: Sometimes
E: Can we go to the park tonight?
M: Maybe we will see if it is raining or cold
E: Where does rain come from?
M: The clouds make the rain
E: Can we go swimming when we go camping?

At this point I am pulling into the driveway. Just so you know it takes about 4 minutes to get to the babysitters and this is just a FRACTION of the questions my child asked me. It was one right after the other no stopping or thinking time. I don't know what is worse...all the questions....or the ADD that goes along with the questions! Her mind jumps from thing to thing so fast I get dizzy listening to her!

This is how she has been for the last couple days. Non-stop questions ALL DAY LONG. Its really cute and fun...until about 8pm and then I want to pull my hair out. If you think I am joking come over and spend about 10 minutes here. You will hear the constant questions that come out of her mouth. I think I need to go take some aspirin...

I know that in a few short years talking to her Mom won't be cool anymore and she won't want to snuggle with me and play dress up and do my hair so I should be loving these moments...but oh man my head hurts!!

3 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Oh my gosh, that is hilarious. Do you ever just pretend you don't hear her? :) Man, kids are so funny. I'm getting induced on Thursday by the way, so you'll get to snuggle a new one this weekend!!!

Hill said...

My head is spinning just reading this...

Heather said...

oh my gosh. how did you remember all of that?! thats pretty impressive!