• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Monday, April 19, 2010

Sandal Weather

Well folks its finally starting to get warm here. This weekend it was in the mid 70's and I loved it! Saturday we spent most of the day cleaning windows, screens and blinds, and spraying for bugs around the house. Its such a pain to do windows, but once it is done it is so nice to have clean windows to look out! I can't wait until my maids...I mean my kids...are old enough to help out with chores!!

On Friday one of Trent's co-workers gave us some tickets to the Salt Lake Bees game and we invited Trent's parents to come with us. At the last minute they were unable to go so they offered to watch the girls so we could go have a date night...AWESOME! It was so nice to be able to sit and enjoy the game without wrestling with kids for 2 hours! Erika would have had fun...for the first inning and then would have been bugging us for treats or toys for the last 8 innings!

Usually every Sunday Erika asks if she can wear her sandals to church and every week I have to tell her no because it is still too cold or there is snow on the ground. Well this weekend she was able to wear sandals and dresses and she was in heaven! I too am in heaven with this weather. No more pants for me for the next couple months you will see me in some form of this ensemble every day if I can!! Nothing like sandals and a flowy skirt!

Have I mentioned that I am obsessed with anchors this month? It's all I can do not to go buy every necklace I find with an anchor on it! Also I have recently become obsessed with the idea of moving. The changing seasons must put me in a changing mood!

On our drive home from the game Trent and I were talking about how fun it would be to be able to just pick up and move somewhere while he is finishing school. Like we could possibly move here:
or you know possibly here:

Just thought it would be fun to experience something outside of Utah and California while the kids are young and can easily make friends anywhere! There are only minor details like selling the home we own, packing all of our life up, getting accepted to a school, being able to afford tuition out of state...you know..minor details! Wishful thinking I guess! And on that random note...Happy Monday everyone!

5 comments:

The Fab 4 From Washington said...

Is it true you would like to live in Seattle? You posted a picture of Seattle so I;m guessing you would! It would be so fun to have you guys live by us. You would love it here. It's so pretty and green all year long! Should we start house hunting?

Josh and Michelle said...

Im up for a move too, can I come?

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

seattle is a fun place and so is portland...cant beat the beautiful trees and shrubs. anywho you should think maybe somewhere a bit warmer where you can wear sandals all the time like maybe?????hmmm...AUSTIN :) ya no ya ya ya ya!

no income tax, and houses for 150k SOLD

haha good luck either way. I say look into it and do it. You're only young once. If not now WHEN???? there will always be a bump in the road is what i say ;)

love you guys

The Kelly Family said...

Woohoo for sandel weather. We had sandel weather last week, but it is freezing this week. We keep getting a few nice hot days and then cold rain storms hit. I'm so ready for summer, too!

Jazz Joyner Livingston said...

Okay so I consider myself seasoned when it comes to packing up and leaving and just moving...and I say DO IT!! And may I add that the east coast is super fun! And if you get home sick from either Utah or CA well no worries because most of the people here are from there anyway!

Hurry and move over here! Oh and Brenton is a pro and getting scholarships and grants and stuff, he can show Trent the way!