• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Monday, April 5, 2010

We Love You Dad!

Last week I took Erika with me to Wal-Mart to pick up a roll of paper to make the signs for the firetrucks for Tyson's parade. Erika kept asking me what it was for and I explained to her that we were making signs for Tyson, Lauren & Jordan to show them how much we love and care for them.

That afternoon I was talking to Trent on the phone and I could tell he wasn't having a good day (hey working full-time and going to school full-time plus being a daddy and husband is not an easy thing!) and I was telling Erika that we needed to tell Dad we loved him when he came home from work. Her eyes lit up and she comes over to me and says all excited like "Lets make him a sign!" so we did...

I drew the block letters and Erika filled them in with her markers (and she didn't even go out of the lines at all!! She is such a good color-er!) She wanted to blow balloons up too but we couldn't get them to stay taped to the banner oh well! She got so excited when she heard the garage door open when Trent came home! Of course Trent loved it and a week later its still hanging up in our house as a reminder that no matter how little we see him or how stressed out he is we will always love him!!

2 comments:

Josh and Michelle said...

Cute! Trent looks so thrilled to have his pic taken.

Morgan said...

that is so sweet. i thought the same thing... he looks thrilled! ;)