• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Friday, April 16, 2010

Attack of the Night Creeper

Some mornings Trent and I will wake up and see this on the computer screen:Then I turn on my camera to find pictures like this with a time stamp of 2:31 am:Please note that these pictures are all of things on the desk by the computer:

On the floor might be coloring books, fruit snack wrappers, remotes to the television, barbies, books, you name it. Which is really odd since every night before I go to bed I pick up the living room and put everything away. Then when you turn on the television you will find that the volume has been turned down to very low and its on the Disney Channel.

So odd...I know...I can't believe someone would break into our house in the middle of the night while we are sleeping and use our computer and television and make a mess of our house and then just leave! Maybe Trent has been having some attacks of insomnia and the only cure is some middle of the night head pounding the keyboard typing, fruit snacks, and Hannah Montana re-runs. Hey I am not one to judge just clean up the mess so I don't have to!

Well the other night we caught our midnight creeper in action! I am laying in bed sound asleep when all the sudden I realize that the tv in our room is on and I know I didn't fall asleep watching the Disney Channel so I sit up and say "Erika?". Her little head pops up from the end of the bed and says "What Mom" it's 1:30 am and I send her back to bed.

Later I get woken up again from a dead sleep to the annoying voice of Hannah Montana. What in the world is going on?!? Is my tv possessed?! "Erika?" I ask and a little head pops up..."What Mom?" it's 3:00 and I send her back to bed again.

I get woken up a 3rd time...not from any noise though. I notice that there is a bluish glow coming down the hallway. A glow that would come from the living room tv being on. I walk out to the living room to see my child sitting on the couch with a pile of books and watching cartoons. It's 4:30 am and I send her back to bed...again...this time with a raw bum.

This happens on a weekly basis at our house. After we have gone to bed and we think Little Miss Erika is sleeping she wakes up and has free reign over the house. I thought she had stopped doing it because we weren't finding any evidence of foul play in the living room anymore but boy was I wrong. I tested it out last night and I turned off our tv and pretended to be asleep. Five minutes after pretending I hear the little pitter patter of feet running to the living room. WHAT IN THE WORLD CHILD! She hasn't stopped doing it...she has just gotten smarter about covering up her tracks!

So my question to you out in Blog Land is this....Is it wrong to duct tape my child to her bed?

10 comments:

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

Hahahaha!

Can you try unplugging the tv from the wall, or will she figure that out? Or you can somehow make it so when the TV comes on it will be a really scary monster face on the screen? Those are my ideas!

bre said...

Lol...that is too funny!!! I think there is a way to block channels after a certain time. I think that's what Shari and Ben ended up doing with Lilli? (maybe?!?) lol, You'd have to ask her on that...but that is quite funny!

Lindsey said...

Bless you and your naughty little child, she makes me feel better about mine! He has never done anything like this (which cracks me up!) but he has his own naughty skills...

Morgan said...

and that is why we have a lock on asher's door! :) it definitely wasn't that bad and he wasn't doing it that often, but sometimes we'd wake up and he'd be out in the family room playing with his toys. it made me really nervous though, because we have french doors that lead to a balcony in our family room. the railing is really low and we live on the 7th floor and well, it really scared me. so yeah, hook and eye lock, every night!

good luck with your little stinker! isn't she so tired with all those midnight wanderings??

Hill said...

That is the most ingeniously naughty thing I have heard of in a long time. I'm really impressed by her, and feel really sorry for you. Good luck with that.

Stephanie Salmon said...

It's so funny how kids hate to go to bed and adults LOVE it.

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

This is so funny! However, I would not be amused if it were my own kid waking me up numerous times during the night! Have you thought about turning the door knob around so it locks from the outside instead of the inside?

Josh and Michelle said...

I think duct tape is perfectly fine. Holy cow I cannot believe how smart and brave she is.

Heather said...

Hahaha. Sorry I don't have any good advice, but thanks for the good laugh! What a little sneak!

Anonymous said...

Isn't she so tired the next day? silly girl!