My cute girls....just love them to pieces!
Lexi had more fun trying to open the eggs and stick them in her mouth than she did finding the eggs!
Here Harley and Erika are racing around trying to pick up as many eggs as they can.
Lexi taking her sweet time and just staring down the egg in front of her!
That's my girl gettin a little dirty just to get an egg!
Ah she finally picked it up...now she won't put it down!
Once all the eggs have been collected all the kids go in the house and split up the eggs. All the eggs have initials on them so the kids can collect as many eggs as they want but in the end they each get the same amount.
They then take turns opening their eggs and handing Nanny the numbered slip of paper inside and getting a surprise from Papa! The adults are helping the kids rip open their eggs as fast as possible because we all know that as soon as the kids are done its the adults turn!!!That's right folks we do an adult easter egg hunt and it is a BLAST!! The adults get to hunt for eggs in the backyard and its a free for all...none of this dividing up eggs and sharing! The first year we did this Tiffany and I were in church dresses and shoes and we both ended up in the small end of the backyard fighting over eggs while the boys cleaned up about 90 % of them! Since then we have learned our lesson!!
Trent and I showed up in running shoes, workout clothes, and sweat bands. We don't mess around. I have no pictures of this but I wish I did...cause it is hilarious!! This year we were all blindfolded and spun around in the backyard. It took a second to figure out where you were once the blindfold came off but then the hunt was on!!
Trent and I did pretty amazing if you ask me!! After we do a count and make sure all the eggs are found we go in the house and sit in a circle and take turns reading numbers and then Mom & Dad hand out prizes!! Trent and I walked away with some cash (wohoo!!!), Sham-wows, dish towels, socks, candy, soduku puzzles, tupperware bowls, toothbrushes, and all sorts of other fun stuff!
It is such a fun tradition that we all look forward to every year!!







1 comment:
that sounds like so much fun! we had an adult easter egg hunt last year. there were only 4 of us and 2 of us really aren't competitive at all so no one really got into it. maybe next year...
Post a Comment