• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Friday, December 19, 2008

Please no...

Yesterday I had my routine check up with my doctor. I take Erika with me and usually she is bouncing off the walls and driving me nuts...yesterday she didn't do too bad for the first half! I keep my purse stuffed with smarties and a little coloring pad so that kept her entertained for all of 5 minutes! When I finally got to go back they politely informed me that my iron count is down (I was at 13.6 just a couple months ago and yesterday I was at 11) and that my blood pressure has skyrocketed. She asked me if work was stressful...to which I replied no the office is dead and so peaceful! Then she proceeded to tell me that I was probably just stressed out from all the christmas shopping that still had to get done...to which I replied "I've been done for a month".

So bottom line I go back in for another visit in 2 weeks and if my iron has dropped again and my blood pressure isn't better then they will put me on iron supplements and partial bed rest. Now as amazing as laying in bed for a couple hours everyday sounds its just not going to happen...how do you lay in bed when you have a crazy two year old wreaking havoc on your house? Heres hoping that I can some how get my blood pressure down because I don't have time to be on bed rest...

4 comments:

Jazz Joyner Livingston said...

EMILY!! Eat your spinach and get that iron up! And I know you are stressing about what to get me for christmas, but really it's not worth it, tell you what, you can skip the Christmas present for me, and then just make up for it on my b-day in Feb!! See problem solved!

But really, take care of yourself, or I will hav to get preg angry, and no one wants that!

Unknown said...

I was stressing about what I am going to do with Tati when I go to my appointments..is it worth taking her? Too bad you don't live closer we could just swap.

bre said...

If i lived closer I would offer to take your daughter whenever you needed a break. Hope things get better...just take it easy! :)

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

ohh Em! I hope your blood pressure goes down so you dont have to have the baby early. You could start taking flinestone vitamins with extra iron in it couldn't you? GOOD LUCK