Brad: When are you due again?
Me: Feb 25th
Brad: Oh good I will be able to see my new niece for 2 weeks before I have to leave
silence....more silence...then
Me: What?
Brad: I am going on a mission and leave March 11th
Me: (Totally stunned and not thinking right apparently) Oh did you put in your mission papers?
Brad: Yeah I got my call already I am going to the Chile Santiago West Mission and I leave March 11th
Me: (Screaming now) BAAH BRAD I'M SO EXCITED THATS AWESOME...blah blah blah
So here's what happened before my phone rang that night. My family went over to my Uncle Alan's house to enjoy some RockBand and dinner. When Lisa informed everyone that dessert was ready they all put down RockBand and sat around the table and in the middle of eating dessert Brad says " I have an announcement to make. I am going on a mission and leave on March 11th" I am pretty sure my parents both choked on their dessert before responding! He didn't tell anyone that he had turned in his papers and he had his call sent to a friend of ours house in Rocklin so that my Mom and Dad wouldn't know about any of it! He is such a stinker!!

My Dad served in the Chile Santiago South Mission so it is really cool that Brad will be serving in some of the same areas as my Dad. Of course this now means that in a matter of 1 month next year my family will have the following:
1. New Grandkid
2. Brother Leave on Mission
3. Brother Get Married
You would think we would be smart enough to spread out the joy through out the year! Oh well...its going to be an exciting and jam packed month!







3 comments:
Congrats to your brother! Ryan served his mission in Chile, too. It was the Vina Del Mar mission. That is a pretty sneaky trick he pulled on your family.
Sounds a little like my story. I did the same thing. It was AWESOME.
Lots of exciting stuff for the Smith fam. I love that he kept it all a secret. I think that is so awesome. your fsil looks adorable.
Post a Comment