
So what do you do when your child wakes up in middle of the night screaming "No...STOP...Please Don't" over and over at the top of her lungs? Being how she is almost 2 she can't exactly tell us what is scaring her so asking won't help! The past 4 nights Erika has woken up numerous times screaming something along those lines. If you go and wake her up then she burst into tears and won't let go of you until she falls asleep again.
It really is sad knowing that something is freaking your daughter out so that she can't sleep but you have no idea what it is! Trent (being the awesome Dad that he is) has slept with her over the weekend so that she wouldn't freak out as much. They made a little bed out in the living room and camped out.
I just hope it doesn't go on to much longer...poor thing is exhausted every morning (and so are we!)






5 comments:
that is so sad! hope her bad dreams stop soon, for all of you!!
just a thought, whit's little boy joel had something called night terrors around the same age. it happened around the same time every night, and he would just be inconsolable. i don't know if it's the same thing, but you might look it up just in case and talk to your pediatrician. it happens when they get overtired, so pretty much every sunday night (no naps on sundays!) it would happen, and then when they travelled.
Hey Emily! You changed your background again. Did you have to manually type in everyone's links again? Or is there a faster way to do it? I guess I cut and copied mine but still, I think I'll stick with my same background for a while. By the way, I added that map thing to my blog, and I think it's awesome!!!
That is so sad. I would feel so bad if that happened to Ammie. There is nothing worse than not being able to help your baby.
Christopher has those, except he never wakes up! HE just screams and screams and moans and talks, but he is asleep the whole time and it's hard to get him to wake up. We asked the doctor about it and they call them "night terrors" and there isn't much you can do besides wait them out.
He hasn't had one in a long time though, so maybe he has outgrown them.
But I understand your concern as nothing is worse than your kids screaming in the middle of the night, waking you from a sound sleep.
I hate those bad dreams! A lot of times with Soph her eyes were open but she was not awake so she would cry and cry. Sometimes it helps to take them outside or put their hands or feet under running water to get them to wake up so they can go back to sleep, good luck!
Post a Comment