• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summertime & The Livin's Easy

So folks summer is here once again and man am I happy! What is there not to love about summertime? Here are my top 10 things that I love and that make me all giddy knowing that summer is finally here!

1. The beginning of summer means its my birthday!! What better way to start a season than with a party and presents!!

2. Corn on the cob season. Trent was making fun of me last night because I inhaled my corn...I'm not exaggerating either. I love the corn stands on the side of the road and being able to load up on corn. I would eat it every night for dinner if my family would let me...and I just might do it anyways this summer! If they don't want it they don't have to eat it!!

3. Picnics/BBQ's. Nothing says summer more than firen' up the grill and cooking up some grub. I always get super jealous when I drive through a neighborhood and can smell someone BBQ'ing. It makes my mouth water!

4. Camping. Not a big camper but I do like camping in places where there isn't a ton of dirt/bugs and has a flushing toilet! Oh yeah...and I like to be able to camp somewhere where I can drive down and shower if necessary of they have showers at the campsite! Its so relaxing though to just sit around all day outside with a good book or with good company and just talk!

5. Vacations! Summer time means packing up the car and traveling anywhere and everywhere to see family or go play. I love planning and getting ready for vacations.

6. Family Reunions. Most people dread them...I look forward to them! I love being able to catch up with aunts and uncles and cousins I haven't seen and see how cute their kids are. Sharing time together, playing games and stuffing our faces with food. Love it!

7. Being tan!! This should have been #1. My body can get pasty white during the winter and I love getting that sun kissed glow back once the weather warms up. I'm not going to lie...I look alot better with some color on my skin! Plus it hides my dark circles from being sleep deprived alot better when you are tan!!

8. Being tan means going swimming!! I grew up in a pool basically and miss not having a pool in my backyard here in Utah. I love laying in the pool with a good book...on a blow up mattress..with an otter pop (or two or three)!

9. Popsicles. My favorite are the Big Sticks. I haven't been able to find them at any grocery stores around here so if you see them somewhere PLEASE let me know!! Man I want one right now just thinking about it. The best part about popsicles is letting them melt all over the kids and having them get all sticky and then just jumping in the pool to wash off. Man I love summer!10. 4th/24th of July. I love the parades, the BBQ's, the fair and street vendors, everyone dressed up in Red, White & Blue and sporting the flag. Followed by fireworks and spending time with family.

So after reading this I just have one question for you...Is there anything better than Summer? I say there isn't!!


3 comments:

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

I completely agree with all your statements...except I LOVE to camp even in the remote places. fun fun fun. one day i want to take ty to redwood and camp there. best natl park ever. & im there with you on white during winter...my nickname is milky with my family cause im so white. haha I CAN"T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS ;)

Stephanie Salmon said...

Emily, don't despaire! Big sticks are available! Except they aren't called big sticks. I always shop at Macey's and never see them but if you go to Smith's, they usually have them there. They are in a big clear bag with like 20 big sticks in it. You can't miss them. Bright orange and red. They are so stinking yummy. I need to get some in my freezer right now! My sister-in-law Shannon who I used to live with always has them on hand. The Smith's on Freedom is the one we found them at but I haven't bought them for a couple years.

Lindsey said...

Oh man CORN! I meant to stop 2 days in a row and now I really need to! Your list is perfect, I agree with every one!