• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Monday, June 29, 2009

Fishing & A New Trick

On Saturday we went up the canyon to visit Trent's parents and Erika went fishing with Trent's Dad and caught her first fish. She was so excited....but of course wouldn't touch the slimy thing. Tonight we went up to the reservoir up behind our house and Erika was able to fish as long as her little heart wanted. They caught grasshoppers as bait and had fun reeling in the fish and then throwing them back in the water. I never understood what the fascination with fishing is...you throw it out there...and wait...and wait....and wait for something to bite and then reel it in. Then do it all over again..BOOORRRINNNGG! Next time I am going to wear my swimsuit so I can lay on the beach and get a tan while they fish. I am glad Erika had fun though. Definitely a Daddy Daughter date for future nights!! We had only been there like 3 minutes too and Erika got to close to the water and fell in. The edge is really mossy and slippery so she kept just sliding deeper and deeper into the water. Thankfully Trent's Dad jumped in the water and saved her. She was freaking out! I made sure I saved the fishing poles!! What a great Mom...

Alexis found her feet today for the first time and they haven't left her mouth since. Its kind of nice because now she isn't whining for her pacifier...she just sucks on her toes instead. Oh yeah and she sucks on her dress or shirt less too which is REALLY nice. Lately she has been gnawing on her clothes and they end up soaking wet after a couple minutes.


3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

I can totally picture him jumping into the water to save her....kinda funny! ok, really funny! I'm just wish you would've documented it instead of saving the fishing poles!

The Fab 4 From Washington said...

Alexis is such a chunk. Love those rolly chubby thighs! How come it's cute to be chubby as a baby but not as an adult? Not fair! Loved the fishing story. You are a great writer Emily. We all enjoy reading your blog. It's very entertaining!

Nor Cal Fun & Sun Family said...

I wish I could be so flexible and suck on my toes!!! ha ha...that would be pretty! I can't wait to get you all in my arms this weekend!! Love ya!