• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Monday, June 8, 2009

Birthday Celebration

My birthday was on Tuesday and I turned the big 2-7! I know...I am getting so old! Anyone who knows me knows that I love birthdays and I love my birthday even more!! I woke up Tuesday morning to find the house covered in streamers, banners, and balloons! Such a good way to wake up and start the day. Erika woke up and came out into the living room and said "It must be my birthday. Dad got me princess balloons" Such a character!

I went to work for a couple hours and then rushed home and got the girls ready for the night. We dropped them off at Trent's parents house and went to PF Changs for dinner and then a movie afterward. Somehow I got on some PF Changs members club and I have a member card so we used it for dinner and got free lettuce wraps, 2 free mini desserts, and 10% off our bill...sssaaawweeet! We then used old movie ticket coupons so our date night was fairly cheap!!

After dinner we went back to his parents house where I opened presents and we ate cake and ice cream. Oakley had a train birthday a couple weeks ago and he let me "borrow" one of his train hats while I opened presents...don't be jealous! I got some $$ and gift cards, clothes, flip flops, a new waffle iron (not a nasty belgium waffle one but a real deal old school waffle iron...love it!) , a new BBQ and some BBQ tools and a cover! Totally got spoiled as usual! So this summer we are for sure going to be grilling it up all the time! I would eat BBQ food everyday if I could.

All in all it was an awesome birthday. Thank you to my super husband who put it all together...I love you so much! Thanks to everyone else too for the birthday wishes they really made my day!

8 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

So I take it this new grill was what you were using when I passed your house the other day! I always think of you every time I go to the cabin. I really need to just stop by next time.

Lindsey said...

WOW! You did get spoiled! What a great birthday, I love making a big deal, it's so much fun. I am probably the most impressed with the cake, I don't think Jake has ever gotten me a cake...

Morgan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I totally thought of you on your birthday! Yours is just one of those that I don't think I will EVER forget. Have known it since we were wee little ones! :) Sounds like it was a great day!

chelsea said...

June birthdays are the best!! Sounds like yours was great!! =)

glarcy said...

crap. I missed your birthday.

Josh and Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Ems! You look cute I love your shirt. Trent does awesome for your birthday. Lucky!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!!!

Nor Cal Fun & Sun Family said...

I can't believe that you didn't put in there that Trent was on his death bed for days before your birthday and only got out of bed to decorate....He is so SWEEET!!! You are so lucky to have such a great husband!!