• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dance Class


Tonight was Erika's first dance class. She has been waiting for this day for almost 2 years! Ever since we went to one of my neice Harley's dance recitals Erika has been begging to go to dance like Harley. The only problem is alot of dance places don't start until they are 3 and even then they have the class at like 10 or 11 am...hello how are us working mothers suppose to schedule around that one? I finally found one place that offers the class at 5pm...perfect! Last week I took her and got her some ballet shoes and a little bag to put all her dance clothes in when she was done with class each week. Of course she picked out the pink and purple bag with stars all over it!

All afternoon she has been begging to go to class and get dressed in her ballerina clothes. About an hour before class she comes running over to me and says "We need to go now. You are going to make me late for my first dancing class". Class was 45 minutes long and I think she would have been happy if they let her stay and dance all night long. When it was over she started crying saying "I don't want to stop dancing". For the first 30 minutes she got her own private lesson. I guess there are only going to be 2 girls in the summer class because no one else signed up. Which is fine...she gets more one on one attention which is really nice.

There was a room off the side where the parents could sit and watch their kids which was really nice. As you can see in the videos below Erika was more interested in watching herself dance in the mirrors than paying attention to the teacher. Hopefully after a couple weeks that won't happen anymore! I guess we will see! What do you expect of a 3 year old?


4 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Oh my gosh! Those videos are so cute!!

Hill said...

That is so cute.

Gayle said...

I am pretty sure that she was trying to teach the teacher.

Katie said...

I think that we were about the same age when we were in dance classes together - I have some pretty funny pictures of our awesome dance costumes.....maybe I should post them :-)