• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Monday, October 27, 2008

Sometimes I Want To Lock Her In Her Room...


and other times she is the sweetest little angel! Take for instance the past couple nights...our little sweetheart has always been good about staying in her bed and not getting out unless she has asked first. Well thats all changed. The other night Trent was sitting in the living room and heard a little music coming from Erika's room. He goes in there to find her sitting on her bed playing her recorder with every stuffed animal she owns piled on her bed....in the dark. Fast forward to the next night...once again Trent hears music coming from Erika's room hours after she has been put to bed. He walks in to find that she has gotten down the portable DVD player...put in the movie Enchanted and turned it on and is watching it...WHAT?! Fast forward to the next night...no more music but instead lots of noise coming from a what should be sleeping child's bedroom. We go in to find that she has all of her dolls on her bed and actually has the little doll highchair up on the bed too and is playing house with her dolls! So needless to say she hasn't been getting to sleep before midnight which makes for a very cranky child every morning!

After dealing with a cranky, smart alec, typical toddler child for the past couple days I get her up from her nap yesterday so I can get her and I ready for family pictures and I finish curling my hair and she comes over to me and brushes my hair out of my eyes and says to me "Mom you're so pretty. You look like Tinkerbell" totally made my heart melt! She then proceeds to give me a big hug and kiss me about 10 times on the cheek! She then sat very still for me while I did her hair and finished getting myself ready which NEVER happens!

Also while we were taking family pictures she would put her arms around Trent and I's neck and pull us close to her cheeks and give us kisses! Such a sweetheart...why can't she act like this more often!

Stay tuned for more pictures...tonight we are decorating pumpkins as a family. I got a way cute (and way easy!) idea from a friend from elementary school so I am excited!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

There never seems to be many in-between minutes with kids, I swear they are just adorable or you want to spank their little bums. Your hair looks really pretty by the way, Jake and I were just sitting here trying to decide if it has been that dark for a while or if you just recently did it. Suits you well.

Shari Davis said...

Seriously, do we have the same child?!?!?! That sounds so much like Lilli, it's kind of scary! Lilli has also, all of a sudden, been getting out of her bed. I feel like I'm going insane!

Stephanie Salmon said...

Wow, a picture of YOU on your blog! The first one since June 29, 2008. You look great! Can't wait to see the family pictures.

Gayle said...

What are you talking about ???
She is ALWAYS an angel. Just ask me.

Brooke said...

It is good to hear that other kids are just as crazy as Hailey. She makes me so mad, but can be so sweet. Can't wait to see the family pictures!