• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Big News!!

So last night Trent, Erika and I went to my doctor's office for a fetal ultrasound. They check and make sure there are two legs, two arms, measure the femur, brain, head, heart chambers, etc make sure everything is developing the way it should. Turns out the baby is measuring that I am farther along and so my due date should be Feb 25th (totally okay with that! Earlier is ALWAYS better!) He said he would make a note of it in my chart so that the doctor can figure out what we should do with my due date. While we were there we also wanted to find out the sex of the baby. Well the baby was totally not cooperating and wouldn't let us see. I had to flip over on my sides, move around, get poked a million times by the doctors hands trying to get the baby to move around but the baby was totally stubborn. The whole time I am thinking...man this is exactly how Erika was! Two seconds later he shouts out....

It's a another Girl!!

We were both way shocked...but happy that the baby is healthy and growing and doesn't have an extra arm or something growing out of its head! Now I don't have to worry about getting a bunch of boy stuff since we have a ton of girl clothes that Erika has barely worn! Trent has to start worrying though about paying for two weddings!!

To tell our parents the exciting news I made up the following poem (its corny...don't laugh):

On March 3rd is when I am set to arrive
I hope until then that my Mom and Dad will survive

My bedroom is being loaded with diapers and clothes
Get back out those ribbons, bracelets and bows

Dad's going to be outnumbered one to three
Break out all those pink little clothes so Mom doesn't go on a shopping spree

Glitter, dress up clothes, and princesses galore
Our little family will soon be four.


Then I cut up the poem into puzzle pieces and put them in a bunch of balloons and made them pop the balloons and put together the puzzle to find out what the next grandkid is going to be. I had my brother Kyle help put everything together for my parents in California so that they could find out the news the same way!

It was fun to see/hear their reactions to the news! Its a good thing we make cute girls!! Now the problem is thinking of a girl name. For those of you that don't know...the hospital basically forced us into choosing a name for Erika. She was Baby Girl Davies for the first 3 days of her life...and then we still couldn't decide so we drew names out of a hat...horrible I know! We've got 4 months to figure out names we like!!

14 comments:

Morgan said...

congrats! another girl... you will definitely have your hands full! i thought that was a cute poem, and a very cute way to tell the grandparents.

we were that way with the names with Asher too. we didn't name him until about 5 minutes before we left the hospital. it was kind of sad to me at the time that he didn't have a name. oh well!

bre said...

YAY!!! Congrats on another girl! That's so exciting!!!

Shari Davis said...

How exciting!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! To be honest, I wanted another girl. Oh well! Two boys will give me PLENTY to worry about!!! Plus we only have ONE wedding to pay for! I'm so happy for you guys (I would totally put a smily face on here, but I know that bugs you)!!!

Lindsey said...

Congrats! I always thought 2 little girls in a row would be so fun! It is WAY nice when you don't have to go out and buy all new clothes.

Stephanie Salmon said...

Not that you'll need to do this for quite a while, but next time you should drink orange juice or eat chocolate before you go in. It's totally supposed to make the baby move around.

Mindy Sauther said...

I like the new due date! Maybe she can come one more day earlier and we can share our birthdays on the 24th! Erika will love having a sister for sure.

The Fab 4 From Washington said...

Congratulations! We are sure happy for you guys. What a clever way to announce to your parents that you are going to have another girl. Erika is going to be a great big sister. Congrats! :-}

Hill said...

That's awesome and what a relief that ultrasound is. It's nice to know that things are going ok and to know whether you have what you need or need to go shop and shop. I would love a boy, but I won't care too much if I get a girl next time because I too have a ton of clothes. It's just way too fun to buy girl clothes.

Redd family said...

Congrats!! Girls are so fun....she will be so beautiful, just like her big sis!

Megan Erickson said...

Congrats... it's nice having two girls together... they usually play nice and love to dress each other up and pretend make up! Once in a while I do find them in a full on brawl.. but thats to be expected right!! or maybe my kids are just crazy!

Melissa Tupou said...

Having a girl is great because you already have all the stuff! Score...:)Man I need to do something cute like that next time I am preggo..I am so not creative!

Josh and Michelle said...

I have been waiting for this post. So exciting! Welcome to the all girls club. It is a good club, but we are definetly still hoping for a boy one day. It is nice to not have to get a whole new set of stuff. I am so glad that she is healthy and doing well. Have you been felling better? Good luck picking a name. It is so hard to agree on something. I really like the Name Kenzie,(I know another e sound at the end, I swear we did not plan to name all our kids in a matchy matchy way) but Josh didnt like it too much. Congrats, enjoy all the girliness.

Mark & Shalon said...

congrats!

Anonymous said...

cute poem! That is such a good idea!