• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Friday, October 17, 2008

Pregnany Update

This pregnancy has been WAY different from my first one (thank goodness!) and thats probably why I thought I was for sure having a boy! Apparently it doesn't matter though...I wonder if everyone of my pregnancies will be different or if my body will get used to the idea of being pregnant and just accept it! So since this is my journal basically this might be really boring to some. Feel free to leave and come back when there are more exciting posts! Here are some differences:

Cravings

Erika - I survived on anything sweet and was constantly craving anything loaded in sugar. I think I made Trent get me donuts with chocolate frosting and sprinkles about a million times in 9 months. I always had a stock of the jolly rancher sticks in my purse, car, desk, nightstand, etc so I could gnaw on one whenever my heart desired. Mints made me sick to my stomach so I always had gum handy.

Baby #2 - No sweets cravings here. I might think I want something sweet and then I will eat it and feel sick for like an hour after eating it...but I still keep on eating them! I currently crave anything salty...meaty...etc. This morning at the gas station I saw a package of mixed nuts and couldn't stop drooling over them. Currently I have a pile of cashews sitting next to the keyboard and after every paragraph I pop a couple in my mouth. The second thing I crave almost every day...Sprite and Fruit Punch mixed. Now it has to be just the right mixture too much fruit punch can totally ruin the drink. Trent's got the mixture combination down perfect! The best mixture really is Sprite and Strawberry Soda mixed...oh man I am drooling as I type. Oh yeah and now gum makes me nauseous and mints are pure heaven to me. I have mints hidden everywhere in the house, at work, and in the cars.

I guess I should be happy that I don't crave anything totally odd like pickles dipped in chocolate or something.

Sickness

Erika - Threw up at least once everyday for 9 months...me and the toilet became very close. Constantly tired and never had any energy...probably because I couldn't keep any food down.

Baby #2 - Threw up almost everyday for the first 3 months. Now I have it down to only 2 - 3 times a week at the most. WAY better than everyday! Still feel really exhausted all the time but there are many days when I feel completely normal.

Emotions

Erika - I have never cried as much as I did in that 9 months...poor Trent...he would look at me wrong and I would cry...I would win card games...and cry....lose card games...and cry...horrible!

Baby #2 - Only cried a couple times...mostly over stupid stuff so we are doing good so far! On the other hand I am extremely moody...all the time. I can be happy as a clown one minute and a raging beast two minutes later. I've been asked by some people at work to cool it sometimes because I get worked up over things that aren't that big of a deal. Last night I about lost it because I didn't feel good and I had to put clothes on and go out to the kitchen because I thought Trent needed my help with something...turned out he already got it figured out. Then when I got back to my room I felt stupid...oh man emotions totally out of control!

which brings me to my next topic

Clothing
Erika - didn't have a problem everything was just dandy...besides throwing up.

Baby #2 - I can't STAND to wear clothes. Please don't stop by my house un-announced and walk in unless you want a great shot of me in my lovely g's. I don't know what the deal is but the feeling of having to wear clothes just bothers me. The hot flashes that I constantly get probably don't help with that feeling either. For the first 3 months I would get random rashes all over my arms and legs while at work. Changed my laundry detergent on my clothes and it didn't help. They just mysteriously stopped appearing though about a month ago.

Hair


Erika-My hair grew so much and looked so good every time I did it. It was extremely healthy and I didn't change anything about what products I used how I styled it...nothing. On the other hand the hair on my legs grew way fast too which meant I had to shave like every night if I wanted smooth legs. I stopped wanting smooth legs at about 6 months. Poor Trent...guys really do suffer when we are pregnant!

Baby #2 - My hair won't cooperate worth crap. It always looks frizzy...dead...blah...every time I do it so it usually ends up in a ponytail for 5 out the 7 days of the week. I swear my hair hasn't grown in like 4 months and never will. I thought one of the good side effects of taking horse pills (prenatal vitamins) everyday (besides the fact that its good for the baby...blah blah blah) is that my hair and nails are suppose to grow fast and be beautiful...BAH. Good side - I can go 4 days without shaving my legs before it totally bothers me!

Thats about it that I can think of for right now...I am sure there are more differences though. When I think of them I will add them! Happy Friday everyone!

5 comments:

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

that was actually very interesting to read. Kept me very entertained. I wish I had an excuse to my emotions going up and down...

can't wait till you have this new baby!

Hill said...

That was entertaining. I am hoping that my next pregnancy goes as easily as my first, but now you've convinced me that they can be very different. Your vitamin thing killed me, you say things that sound like something I would say all the time, "blah, blah, blah".

Lindsey said...

It's true, every pregnancy IS way different. I am happy you aren't feeling so sick anymore. Oh and the bit about the g's had me rolling... when pregnant, and home for the evening, the clothes came off, and I would always wear Jake's g bottoms instead of mine (kind of weird I know but they are so much more comfortable!!!)

Sharen said...

Thanks for that post, I told my husband about some of the changes you go through while prego, I like to get him ready for what is going to come...someday!

Shari Davis said...

That was really fun to read. It's true, every pregnancy is different. I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better. It's hard being sick all the time! You need to take some pics of yourself. I'm sure you've got the pregnancy glow and look fabulous!!!