• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

blah blah blah

Has it really been almost 3 weeks since I last updated my blog...man I am a slacker. Things have been super busy for us and it seems like we are always constantly running....ahhh the joys of the holiday season!

Let's see...where do I begin...

Monday Lexi had her 9 month check up. She is doing much better in the weight department and gained 2lbs in the past 2 months so she is back on the charts! She had only gained 1 oz in 2 months at the last check up so she was put on a diet consisting of eating every 2 hours and lots of rice cereal with every meal. Now we can go back to normal feedings...wohoo! She had to get shots...again...and of course Erika asked if she had to get a shot and I told her no...um hello Mom...don't you remember what happened last time?!? Well sure enough Erika had to get a shot this time as well. It was kind of funny because the doctor left the room and said that the nurse would be in to give the shots and Erika turns to Lexi and says "Don't worry sweetie it will only hurt for a minute". Then she sees the nurse walk in with two shots and two bandaids and the meltdown begins. I had to hold down a screaming flailing 3 year old and it was not easy.

Once again Lexi got her shot and let out a little yell almost like "Hey what do you think you are doing" and then was over it...no tears nothing!

Tuesday I finally got to go see New Moon...wohoo! I was introduced to the books right after the first book Twilight was published so needless to say I have been a fan for a while and have been waiting for FOREVER to see these movies! I designed t-shirts for us to wear and for FHE on Monday we made them! Here are the designs:

And here we are sporting our shirts!

Tiffany and I got spray glitter and so we were sparkling...can't really tell in the picture though! It was so much fun! We went to support Colton's Angels and had a blast. Before the movie we used our gift cards that came with the movie tickets to go get some treats. Then we got back in the theater and everyone had a number on their ticket and they did a raffle for some really awesome prizes. I was hoping to win one of the quilts or purses but I won a really cute bracelet so that works! Each person was also given a charm bracelet with charms on it and a bag of goodies. They are doing it again for the next movie that comes out the end of June and I can't wait to go again!!!

When I got home from the movies Trent was laying with Alexis on the couch and she was comatose. She just laid there and was wide awake staring at the wall. Then she would start coughing and would start gagging. After she got done gagging her breathing was very labored and heavy almost like a dog panting. I took her temperature and it was over 103 so I called the after hours physician and the recording said if your child is under one and has a temperature over 102 and has a cough hang up and dial 911 or go to the emergency room...ugh...okay!

So we dropped of Erika with Trent's parents and headed to the emergency room. Poor little Lexi was tortured while we were there and was so tired. Everytime she would just get to sleep someone would come in and we would have to wake her up. Turns out she was okay we just had to watch her carefully the next 3 days. They said the problem is there are hundreds of virus going around and some can cause hospitalization and can be potentially deadly and others are just simple flus but they all have the same symptoms so its hard to tell which is which...wow...thanks for that!

The monitored her oxygen levels and noticed that she had some retraction when she tried to breathe but that she should be fine. They got the temperature to come way down and we went
home. We finally ended up in bed about 4:30am...so tiring...For the next couple days Lexi was only content when someone was holding her or if she was laying on someone poor girl! It was
nice to be able to hold the little snuggle bunny but its hard to get anything accomplished when all you do is hold a 9 month old!

Thursday we went to Trent's Aunt and Uncles house for Turkey Dinner. Here is Erika and I before we left:

Lexi was trying to eat the camera strap while Trent took pictures!Thursday night I had my first Black Friday shopping experience...and my last! There was a warehouse sale on clothes from ModBod, Blend Fashions, and Undertease and so I had to check it out. It started at 11pm so I met Tiffany and her friend there and waited in line for an hour until the sale started. As soon as the doors opened we took off in every direction and scooped up whatever we could find in our sizes. The clothes were dirt cheap it was awesome!

After that we went and met Adam in line at Toys R Us. I can't believe how fiesty people get that are in line! There were cops there moderating the line and people screaming and cussing at the top of their lungs at everybody trying to cut in line...ahhh the christmas spirit was in the air! I would elaborate more but I am trying to block that night out!

Friday we slept in and enjoyed the day being lazy and eating more turkey. That night Trent took his Dad to the BYU basketball game and I stayed home with the girls. Erika has been begging me to decorate the house so we finally did it. She had a blast carrying stuff up from the basement and going through it all. I even let her decorate the christmas tree by herself. She would line up all the ornaments that looked the same on each branch so we had one branch loaded down with silver balls, one branch loaded down with nothing but icicles, etc! After she turned her attention to another christmas project I hurried and rearranged the tree so it looked better! I wish I would have gotten a picture of it after she finished though...to cute!

When I put her to bed that night she asked if we could do something fun again the next day and I promised her we would. Saturday morning I decided to do a bake-a-thon. Erika was in heaven and didn't take off her apron all day! We made sugar cookies (after about pan 10 I was done cutting out the dough and let her do the rest...needless to say we got some interesting shapes the last couple pans!)Then we made cheese ball to snack on while we enjoyed a lunch of turkey sandwiches. She helped me make English Toffee (didn't turn out so good....I will attempt that one again when I don't have a 3 year old asking me to help ever 2 seconds!) and cream cheese frosting that we dyed red, green, and yellow!

7 comments:

bre said...

Lol...those shirts are so funny! I love the first one! (though I've been Team Jacob from the beginning) that's pretty good.

Stephanie Salmon said...

Still can't believe I made it to 2 basketball games in one week and you weren't at either of them! I guess your post explains why though. Holy business!!! Also helps me see why I haven't seen you since you were pregnant. Oh well, some day. Maybe at my baby shower?

Nat said...

I love the shirts you made! I wanted to get one to wear to the movie but couldn't find one I really liked. The first 2 are my favorite! I love seeing your beautiful girls on your blog!

Natalie Erickson (Jeff's wife)

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

the picture of you and erika before turkey day is such a great one of you. Love your hair color you're sporting lately. It brightens up your face. BEAUTIFUL! sounds like tons of fun

Mark & Shalon said...

i love those shirts!!

The Fab 4 From Washington said...

I love those t-shirts you made for New Moon Emily. So very clever. Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving holiday. You are such a great Mom Emily and it's fun to read all about your adventures.

Anonymous said...

those shirts are the best!!