• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Friday, November 13, 2009

Beauty and the Beast

Erika has been asking me for the past week when her and her friend Aurora can go trick or treating again. I tried and tried explaining to her that she has to wait a very long time before she can go again. I decided to just invite Aurora over to play and hopefully that would keep her from asking me everyday..and it worked!

Last Thursday we picked Aurora up and the girls played at our house for a couple hours. They were in heaven playing in the toy room downstairs and just trying on dress up outfit after dress up outfit. They would try on an outfit and then come upstairs and model it for me and then run back downstairs and change...it was hilarious.

Beauty and the Beast was being performed by the high school drama department so I thought it would be fun to take the girls to go see it. Plus kids under 3 get in free so I figured it was a good activity to go and do just the 3 of us. While we waited for Trent to get home from work we painted fingernails....3 different times. They would pick out a color and then I would paint them. Then they would blow on them and let them dry and then 2 mintues later they wanted a different color so I would give them a cotton ball with fingernail polish remover on it and they would go to town. I think they enjoyed taking the fingernail polish off themselves more than actually getting their fingernails painted.

When Trent got home I handed off Alexis to him and we were off. First stop was dinner. When I asked the girls what they wanted they both yelled "Macaroni and Cheese" so thats what they got! They were really good and spent most of the dinner looking at each other and just randomly busting out laughing...crazy kids.
After dinner we had about 15 minutes to kill so I took them to the gas station and they each got to pick out 5 of the 10 cent candies. Of course they both got the same things: a sucker, a candy necklace, pez, an airhead, and sixlets.

Then we were off to the theater. They were so excited! We got there early so we could get good seats and we sat on the front row so they could get a good view of the stage and not have to worry about someone tall sitting in front of them.
When it started they both sat absolutely still and totally mesmerized and sang along to the songs...for the first 40 mintues...then they both got fidgety and had a million questions and didn't want to sit down. I asked the lady next to me how long it was suppose to last and she said it was about 3 hours...WHAT?!? The movie is only like what...70 minutes long! After about an hour and a half they had the first intermission and so of course the crowd started clapping and the girls got up and said "Lets go home now its over" so I didn't argue....we left!

I asked them both to smile and that is the picture I got...crazy kids!

It was fun though and Erika was exhausted and cranky by the time we got home. The night before she fell asleep a little early and woke up around 11pm thinking she had just had a nap and laid in her bed until 2 am talking and singing to herself. This wouldn't be a problem if it was the weekend but having to get up at 7:45 did not work for her! She was not a happy camper that day and not getting a nap only added to the crankiness!

No comments: