• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Friday, December 18, 2009

Busy Holiday Season!

I really need to be better at staying up to date on the blog. The holiday season is so busy and it seems like there is always a million things that need to get done and not enough time to do them all in!

Last week we woke up one morning to a TON of snow outside. You know its a lot of snow when you neighbor gets out his snow blower and goes about halfway down his driveway once...turns around and goes back inside his house! I opened the garage and tried to back out and the tires just spun so I worked from home that day. Erika kept asking me if she could play in the snow so I told her she could. I asked her before I got her dressed if she needed to go potty and of course she didn't...halfway through getting the layers on she starts dancing around and says she needs to go potty really bad!
After we got her all dressed again she went outside and tried to walk in the snow and couldn't go anywhere it was so high on her so she would just fall over and roll around in the snow!After being outside for about 15 minutes she was done and wanted to go inside and eat lunch! All that work to get her dressed...twice...for 15 minutes of play time!Last Friday Erika had her Christmas dance recital and afterwards they got to go sit on Santa's lap. Erika was excited to tell him what she wanted and was upset when we forgot to bring the paper she made with cut out pictures of toys from ads to give to him! The Christmas recital was a joke though. They are trying to save money for the parents (which I understand and am grateful for right now) but you might as well have nothing at all. We were scheduled a time for our children to perform and we showed up and it was just at the dance studio and there were like 200 other people crammed into the studio trying to video and take pictures of their children. If I can find another dance studio that holds classes later like they do I am so changing studios!
Anyways...back to the Santa thing. We happened to be in Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago when Santa showed up so we were first in line to see him and she hopped right up on his lap and said she had been a nice girl and that she wanted a Belle Barbie and a Hannah Montana Barbie (oopps so far Santa isn't bringing her either of those...hope she isn't too upset!!) This time she told Santa that she wanted a new blue car (for her Barbie's) and once again...she isn't getting it...oopps! Lexi wasn't too sure about being touched by Santa's scratchy beard and so I barely had enough time to snap a picture before she practically back flipped off his lap!
On Saturday we had lots of shopping to do and I met some girls at Sam's Club that I was selling clothes too from Craigslist. The weather was nasty...that wet snow that just makes everything slushy and nasty. Trent had to go on an architectural walking tour of Provo with one of his classes and so we dropped him off and then picked him up when he was done. His paper with all the answers on it was sopping wet!

While we were out Trent bought Erika one of those cheap sleds and she had a blast in it! Our house does have a nice built in sledding hill! She would walk to the top of the hill and Trent or I would catch her before she went all the way down the driveway and into the road!
At one point we had a rope tied to the sled and hooked to our dog and he would pull Erika back up the hill so she didn't even have to get up! What a life!
That afternoon I took Erika on a Mommy Daughter date. She has seen commercials for Princess and the Frog for the last 2 months and every time she sees the commercial I tell her that they are still making the movie and we can't see it yet. Well on Friday she saw the commercial again and at the end it said "Come see it! Now in theaters!" Great...she came running up to me and said "Mom they are done making the movie...lets go see it!" So I took some of the money I made from selling clothes to take her to go see it! She LOVED it...and I am not going to lie...I enjoyed it too. It was a really good movie...right up there with Cinderella, Little Mermaid, etc. The villain was a little on the scary side though and at the end of the movie when he would come on Erika would crawl into my lap!

This week is crazy busy too. I still can't believe that Christmas is next week....eeek! We only have 1 more gift we have to pick up so we are done...well let me rephrase that...I am done! Trent likes to do his shopping on Christmas Eve!

1 comment:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Brandon and I are laughing together right now at Erika and the whole "the movie is done" thing. Ha ha ha. Kids really pay attention to commercials. We babysat one of the doctors' kids the other night and they told us that their little girl came up to her mom and said "Mom, do you have any gold jewelery you don't want?" I LOVE the things kids say. Ha ha ha.