
When they left on Sunday they took both of our girls with them!! For three whole days Trent and I got to pretend like we were newlyweds again and come home from work to a peaceful house! It was AMAZING! Of course we missed the girls terribly but it was a nice couple of days!! I picked up all of the toys in the living room on Sunday morning and they stayed picked up for days...that was great! I usually spend half of my day picking up toys off the ground!!Wednesday morning Trent and I headed to California. It was a nice uneventful drive and we made good time since we didn't have to make a million stops! We got to Cali just in time to have dessert with everyone who was at the house celebrating my Mom's big 5-0 birthday party! My poor Mother threw out her back the weekend before and so she had to be laying on the floor or the couch for her birthday and almost all of Christmas!! Talk about bad timing!! Hope she gets better soon!
Thursday morning we got ready and Trent and the girls and I went to BJ's Brewery to have lunch with a bunch of friends from high school. We get together for lunch at the same time at the same place on the same day every year around Christmas with everyone who is in town that year. Every year I bring my camera and every year it sits in my purse and never comes out!! GRRR....one of these years I will do it! We missed Brooke and her family this year since she just had a brand new baby girl a month ago!
That night we went up to my Grandparents house for a nice dinner with the Smith family and a Christmas program. Its turned into a tradition to drive to Folsom and see all the luminaries in a neighborhood over there. Erika was in heaven looking at all the lights and one house was totally decked out with cutouts of EVERY disney character and she got to stand up through the sun roof and point them all out to us!!
Then we got home and we exhanged our normal Christmas Eve presents...new pajamas!!!
This year my parents also let us open a couple of their gifts too!! We all got new cameras so we could use them the next morning while we were opening gifts...wohoo!! The married kids also got this cool big picture that says "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain". It's really cool and matches the decor in our living room so I have the perfect place for it right above our couch!! Erika also got to open a new doll from my parents. She didn't let go of the doll the whole time we were there to! It had to go everywhere with us.
She named it "Ella".... but for a couple days it was named "Alyssa" after one of Kyle's friends that came over a couple nights!
After the girls got in their new jammies Erika made a plate of goodies for Santa and his reindeer and wrote him a little letter. After we put the children to bed it was time for Santa to come and set up and put out all his gifts for the family. Erika was walking around all night saying "Merry Christmas. I love Santa" so I attempted to get a video of her doing it! She ran away before I could catch it all though!
Stay tuned for more Holiday Happenings. I am sure this is going to take about 10 posts!!







No comments:
Post a Comment