• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

She's Crafty

These past couple of days I have been in a really crafty mood. I picked up some fabric the other day and made a couple of Hooter Hiders...also known as Nursing Covers! I am still struggling with nursing Lexi in public without flashing anyone around me so hopefully these will help! I made 3 of them. The brown fabric with white stars was on sale for 99 cents a yard so I got that fabric as my 1st test run so I would not ruin the fabric I liked if it didn't work out!

The next project I worked on was homemade cards. I am in a card club and so I made cards for the next 2 months so that I would have them ready. I made a cute baby and birthday card so thats nice to have those crossed off my list of things I need to do!

Oh also...good news...I found a dress for my little bro's wedding! You wouldn't think it would be hard to find a solid black dress but oh boy was it! All the dresses were either too short, had no sleeves, or were way low cut. The one I found is way cute and it was on sale so even better! Nothing like getting a $100 dress for $20! Now I just need to talk Trent into taking me on a cruise so that I can wear the dress again some time!

Other than that not much has happened with our family! Trent is still going to school on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Erika is sassy as ever. Lexi is the perfect newborn and I am surviving having 2 kids! Next project...packing for our almost month long trip to California...wish me luck...


5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Those hooter hiders really are the greatest! And I HATE nursing in public... I would just rather go somewhere else, but those do make it sooo much easier!

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

Sounds like you're having fun! Funny hearing you talk about the dress for the wedding. Thats another reason we didnt go to the military ball cause nothing is made for garments...and i just looked fat and not pregnant :)

Unknown said...

Did you have a pattern for those? I need to make some!

Amanda said...

someday I will become crafty. i still have yet to learn how to sew.

I cannot get over how cute your little girls are and how much alike they look!!! so adorable. I am sure being a mom of two is crazy but you seem to be doing it with style.

hope all is well. congrats on finding a dress.

Nat said...

Your nursing covers are so cute! I wish I was crafty like that. I'm impressed that you are able to take care of 2 girls and sew. I have a hard enough time chasing around my now crawling 6 month old. Your girls are beautiful!