
On Tuesday night my family flew up from Cali to send Brad off into the MTC. I spent the night up in Pleasant Grove with my family so that I could spend as much time as I could with him before he left.

My Dad and Kyle finally got to see Alexis so that was fun! They didn't get to see Erika until she was almost 3 months old so this was nice for them to see her as a newborn!

Erika was in heaven playing with Brad and he even let her sleep with him! At 2 o'clock in the morning when I got up to feed Alexis I could hear Erika and Brad talking and giggling downstairs like a bunch of school girls! She sure loves hanging out with Brad and is going to miss him for the next 2 years!

Erika saw my uncle rubbing medicine on my Grandpa's neck and so she had to rush in the kitchen and help out! Such a good girl...sometimes!!
The next morning we got up and got ready and headed over to the MTC where I took a bazillion pictures...poor Brad kept shooting me the dirtiest looks like "Are you seriously taking another picture?" Oh well he has 2 years to get over it before I see him again! Here is Alexis fresh out of her bath with my Mom:

This is the look I was telling you about in the picture below...the "Seriously you're embarrassing me" look!


I love this picture of my bro's, kids, and my Dad...so tender! Erika looks up to Brad so much too I don't know what she is going to do the next 2 years. Everywhere Brad went she had to go and she always had to be holding his hand. So sweet!
Funny story...we are walking to go drop off Brad's luggage and we turn around to see Brad with a little mini water bottle. He had taken off the table of snacks and drinks for the volunteers working! When we bugged him about it he said "What I am a volunteer too!" What a character...sneaking water bottles that aren't his on his first day as a missionary!
Its a tradition now to go eat at the Creamery after we drop off a missionary. We take our make-up stained faces and red eyes and stuff our faces with greasy food and ice cream!

Brad is going to make such an awesome missionary and we are so proud of him! We are sure going to miss having him around for the next 2 years but look forward to hearing all about his great adventures in Chile!







5 comments:
Aw, I got teary-eyed just thinking about sending Jake's little brother on a mission... your brother is adorable. It is so fun to get letters from missionaries, they are on such a spiritual high it rubs off.
that is just so awesome that you got to go to the MTC. We lived out in Maryland when my brother went in so it was just my parents that got to see him off. So nice that he got to spend time with the kids before leaving.
PS you look WONDERFUL!
I love the look he gives you, ha! I cant believe how old all your bros are. I still think of them as little kids, prob because that is the last time i saw any of them in person.
Emily,
You made me cry reading about dropping Brad off! We are so proud of him. Thanks for keeping us posted. We can't wait to see the new little one in a month.
Post a Comment