• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

100 Things About Me


So Hillary did this on her blog last week and so I started a list and would add things to it when I could think of something and I just finished it! It took me a good 3 days to come up with 100 things! I am sure this is boring to most of you so you can come back later when there is a more exciting post but I thought this would be good for my journal. I wish I could talk Trent into doing something like this...it would be fun to see his answers!

1. I am addicted to blogging...its worse than you think and I should probably seek help!
2. I have never been good at keeping a journal which makes it odd that I am addicted to this which is basically like an online journal. I copy all of my entries and put them into my journal now and just add a couple personal touches.
3. I purchase 4 pairs of flip flops from Old Navy at the end of every summer. 2 Black and 2 Brown so that I can survive through the winter
4. If it isn't actually snowing outside when I leave in the morning then I will be wearing flip flops regardless of the temperature.
5. I love laying in bed and talking to Trent for the 10 or so minutes before he falls asleep.
6. I talk way more than I actually listen which makes poor Trent go crazy sometimes I am sure!
7. I love pets but I am horrible at actually taking care of them. If it were up to me to take care of them they would probably starve to death.
8. I love going on bike rides and wish that we lived somewhere where we could ride bikes around our neighborhood
9. I am not a "roughing it" type of girl. I need a flushing toilet and a shower and sink so I can smell good and look pretty while camping.
10. I think my daughter is the smartest 2 year old in the world
11. I believe in "What goes around comes around" All that sass I gave my parents in high school has come back to haunt me. Erika is the queen of sassy pants and I deserve every minute of it!
13. I want to learn how to scuba dive I am just too lazy to actually take the classes!
14. If I don't have music on I can't get in the mood to clean my house.
15. I rarely have dreams that I remember. But I seem to remember every detail of every nightmare I have ever had.
16. I love learning how to make new things and starting new projects but I don't like actually having to finish them.
17. I wish I could have my own cooking show.
18. Along those lines...I wish I knew how to cook more dishes and could look at my pantry and figure out how to make something from scratch with what is already loading down the shelves.
19. I want to have 2 or 3 more kids but I am scared to death of being pregnant again.
20. I would get annoyed when Trent would watch sports constantly when we were dating but now I don't really mind. I actually am learning a lot about sports and sports history and he doesn't get annoyed if I ask too many questions about a players history or something!
21. I think Trent would make an awesome sports broadcaster he knows everyone stats, what high school, college, etc they went to he is amazing!
22. If I were given $1000 to go blow anywhere I would rather go to a home decor store than go clothes shopping
23. One of my biggest fears is losing Trent. Even though we are sealed together it would be horrible to not be able to spend the rest of my life without him. I don't think I could ever find another guy that I get along with and love as much as I do him.
24. I am horrible at taking tests. I can study for hours and memorize everything but as soon as I walk into that room it all goes out the window. It made school really hard and un-enjoyable.
25. I wish I lived closer to my parents and go see them more often. I keep telling myself that maybe someday this will happen…until then we get to take lots of vacations!
26. If we had more money I would make sure that we got to California at least once every other month to see my family.
27. I hate when people type or text smiley faces for some reason they totally annoy me :)
28. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people don't use spell check and there are typos all over.
29. I have never really had a strong desire to be a stay at home mom. I love being able to get out and work for a couple hours everyday and be able to interact with other adults besides Trent. When I have more kids though and I know I will be able to fill my time at home with their activites and other Mom duties…I just hope that I am happy doing that.
30. I loved that in high school all my friends were jealous of my Mom and the fact that she was home when I got home. They nicknamed her Martha (as in Martha Stewart) because it seems like every time they came over there was always a clean home with some type of fresh baked goody out on the counter.
31. I hope someday that I can be as good a Mom as I have and that Erika will look up to me when she starts raising her own family.
32. I only wanted little boys growing up because I hate having to do my hair and so in turn didn't want to have to have girls that I would have to do their hair too.
33. I cried every time my parents told me that they were pregnant with another boy because I wanted a little sister so bad. By the time I was older I changed my mind and I love being the only girl!
34. I miss being a blonde but my natural hair color is so not blonde anymore!
35. I love going on family vacations even if it is only a couple hours away from our house
36. I love planting flowers and making the yard look nice but I never remember to water them so they end up dying like a week later.
37. I love when the 3 of us all lay in bed together even though Erika is a bed hog and likes to sleep sideways.
38. Even if I am dead tired it still takes like an hour or more for me to fall asleep at night.
39. If I don't have the tv on while trying to fall asleep or if Trent has fallen asleep before me I hear every creak in the house and start to think people are trying to break in.
40. I love throwing dinner parties and having people over to eat.
41. I wish I had taken some interior design classes while in college.
42. I would rather stay at home with my family then go out with friends...I guess I have turned anti-social since I have had Erika but I feel like I can't get enough of my family and the few hours at night we get to spend together are like gold to me.
43. I dig through the Wal-Mart $5 movie bins and pick out a new movie almost every time we are there. It’s cheaper than renting movies!
44. Speaking of...I can't return a movie on time for the life of me. Even if I stick it in the car at night I still forget to drop it off the next day.
45. I wish I had a maid. She wouldn't have to do all the cleaning. I would just want her to come in like once a month and do all the deep cleaning so I don't have to.
46. I am addicted to chapstick and sheer lip gloss.
47. I have to sleep with either the blankets bunched up in between my knees or with my body pillow or else I toss and turn all night. Don't ask me why...just happened while I was pregnant and I can't seem to stop!
48. I love turning off the lights and watching a thunderstorm outside our front windows
49. I love that my hair is finally getting long. I have always had hair that hits right below my
shoulders so now that it goes down to the middle of my back I am in heaven!
50. My favorite fruits are strawberries and pineapples
51. I can't wait for BBQ season! I love grilling up food for dinner!
52. For my birthday I have my mom's famous strawberry pie instead of birthday cake and I love it...yuummmmmy!
53. I love decorating the house and going all out for birthdays
54. I can't stand bad drivers. I will offer to drive anywhere just because I don't like being stuck in a car with a potentially bad driver!
55. I love having our house ice cold and then snuggling up in lots of blankets at night.
56. I hate the taste and smell of seafood. My motto is "If it swims I don't eat it"
57. I love getting my hair cut/colored. I just wish it didn't cost me an arm and leg to do it.
58. Friends is still my favorite all time sitcom and I can sit and watch episodes I have seen a million times.
59. Someday when I get rich I will have a beach house somewhere that we can go visit
60. I don't understand how people live without TiVo. I would go nuts having to watch TV in real time.
61. My favorite season is summer.
62. I miss having a boat and being able to go to the lake all the time during the summer.
63. Growing up my parents would write down a list of chores each Saturday morning that we would have to finish before we could play. It was fun to be able to race through our lists and then all jump in the pool once we were done.
64. I love to read just about anything.
65. I was always afraid that I wouldn't ever get married because I would date people and be annoyed by something they did but just live with it until something better came along. Or I would get bored of them and move on to something else.
66. I try to remember to tell my family members that I love them every time I talk to them on the phone so that in case something happens they will know how I felt.
67. I wish we had a pool in our backyard. I would spend hours in the pool if I didn't have to drive somewhere and pay to sit in some nasty public pool.
68. I took years of piano lessons growing up but haven't played much since I moved out and so now I have to almost learn everything all over again.
69. I now notice the brick/rock work on every house I pass and find myself criticizing the homeowner’s choice and builders work.
70. I love having garage sales. Something about selling my worthless junk to strangers is exhilarating!
71. I also love to go to garage sales and rummage around through other peoples junk to find my treasures
72. I wish I was more organized.
73. My favorite color is green and I wish I had more green shirts and accessories.
74. I love making crafts/jewelry/clothes etc and selling them to people who have no idea that they could make it themselves for 1/2 the price!
75. Someday I want to be able to sign up for booths at craft and boutique fairs and actually make money.
76. I hate shaving my legs but don't like going to bed with spiky legs so I find myself shaving almost every night in the summer.
77. I have had a problem with my blood pressure since I was pregnant. Due to this now if I get stressed out I get really bad headaches and nose bleeds that last for forever.
78. I have a tendency to find something I like and eat/watch/wear it over and over until I am totally sick of it and then it takes me months to eat/watch/wear it again.
79. I am obsessed with Forensic Sciences and all the shows on tv about them but I don't think I could ever have a career in it.
80. I miss living in California and wish we could move back there.
81. One of my all time favorite family vacations was renting a house boat and staying at Shasta for a week. There is nothing better than being able to hang out in the water all day long and boat and jet ski as much as you like!
82. I love my wedding ring.
83. I hate swimsuit shopping
84. When I was little I babysat two perfect little angels who were beautiful and so when I grew up I wanted to name my girls after them - Cassie and Madison.
85. I also loved the name Alexis for a little girl but that’s one of Trent's ex-girlies so I won't be naming any of my kids that anytime soon!
86. Up until Erika was born I wanted to name her Lauren
87. We picked Erika's middle name out of a hat 3 days after she was born so that they would let us leave the hospital.
88. I love the mixed bag of sour candies that they sell at the gas station in town for 50 cents.
89. I would love to be a wedding planner. Something about it not being your own wedding takes all the stress out of it and makes it fun!
90. I've always want to coach one of my kids soccer teams when they are little
91. I love that lots of people that I know have created blogs. They are a great way to stay in touch with family and friends.
92. I tend to loose my patience really quickly and I wish I didn't
93. I get in moods where I get annoyed really easily and sometimes take it out on my family. I am glad that Trent can laugh at me and help me to see how ridiculous I am at those times!!
94. I have gone camping at the same camp ground in Santa Cruz over Memorial Day weekend almost every year since I was born and I look forward to it for months before!
95. I can't stand the taste of Aquafina and Dasani water.
96. I passed my first kidney stone while living at home the summer of 2002 and now I get them like clockwork every 18 months.
97. I can't wait until I can get lasik surgery. I hate wearing contacts.
98. I miss being tan year round living in Cali. I didn't realize how pasty white I can actually get.
99. I love my parent’s house at Christmas time. My Mom does an awesome job of decorating every nook and cranny and the house always smells so good and has Christmas music playing all the time...its wonderful!
100. I have to have the roll of toilet paper set so that the paper falls over the top of the roll instead of coming out from behind. If it’s not that way then I will change it while I am sitting there before I have to use it.

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

cute pic! i think i had one like that!

Mindy Sauther said...

Emily, I totally remember you when you were that little. I would babysit you when you lived by the YMCA. As for #13, I know where you can get a good deal on scuba diving.

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

1 comment to make.

Toilet Paper Roll. I am the same way. IF I am at my sisters or anywhere where it is possible to change. I correct it.

Its the monica in me! Why would people do it the other way??REALLY

Lindsey said...

Toilet paper, renting movies, planting flowers... I can say I totally agree with quite a few!

Hill said...

You and I are quite a bit alike, I've been cracking up at things that you wrote and thinking that I should have put them on my list. Especially most of the sleep related ones.

Brooke said...

That was fun to read about you - you are a great person! I miss hanging out with you.

Katie said...

I love that picture because I have the same exact one! I love that we took that dance class together! So fun. I don't think I could come up with 100 things as entertaining as yours - good blog!

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

I loved learning so much about you! I am totally the same way with TP - I have a bad habit of sometimes even changing it at other people's houses! And I HATE Dasani (Da-nasty) water too!

Jill said...

Hi Trent and Emily it's Cody and Jill (Cody is Trent's cousin). I don't think that we have had a chance to meet you Emily. I hope everything is going good for you guys. Your little girl is adorable. We have 2 girls. A 3 year old and a 1 year old, Cadence and Kyndee. Mabey sometime when you guys go see Tyson you can stop on your way through. Our kids would love to play with your little girl. We would love to hear from you guys!

Unknown said...

So there is no way I read though all 100 things but I was so glad to see that u guys were sealed cause I never knew that. Funny how we all change through the years? But I did know about the four flip flops because somethings never change....:)

Amanda said...

It's so fun to hear about so many things about yourself and your personality!! I don't know if I could come up with that many facts about me that are actually interesting. So good job!!

P.S. thanks for the compliment! I am loving my hair too. the cool thing is that's my natural hair color...it's gotten a lot darker over the years.