Last Thursday night my baby graduated from Preschool. I don't know who was more sad...her or me. She loves her teacher and loves going to school and is so sad that it is going to be over for the summer. I have explained to her that she gets to go to school again in a couple months and she will have a new teacher and will learn all sorts of new things but she wants to stay in her old class with her friends. Here is Erika with her teacher Mrs. Murray:

This last year Erika has learned so much it is amazing. I really believe she is the smartest 5 year old ever!! She is always wanting to write letters and know how to spell things and is trying to sound out words so she can spell them. When did she grow up? I still remember her as my little baby and now she is going to start Kindergarten!
Graduation was short and sweet...just the way we like it!

They sang a couple of their favorite songs to show us what they had learned. Here they are singing the Farmer in the Dell:

They also sang a song about their days of the week and the months in the year:

Then each kid was presented with a graduation certificate and a book that the teacher had put together with the theme of each month and pictures of them that month. She also kept one or two of the pieces of art they did that month and put them in the book. It is such a good idea and I love that I have Erika's whole year of preschool documented nicely in a book!

Erika & her cousin Oakley were in the same class

Here is my smarty pants with her graduation stuff!

I tried to get this one to stand next to her sister so I could get a picture of the two of them but she kept hiding behind her sister...stinker...
No comments:
Post a Comment