• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Blanket For Little Sister

A couple weeks ago (heck it was probably months ago now that I think of it!) I took Erika to the fabric store to pick out fleece so she could make a blanket for her baby sister. Each of my kids have a big double sided tie fleece blanket and they drag them around everywhere so of course little sister needs to have one too!

Anyways back to the story...so I have had the fleece sitting in my closet and Erika has been begging to do the blanket. I wanted to do it with her though when Lexi was taking a nap so that left only Saturday's to get it done. Like most other people...Saturdays are INSANELY crazy.

This last Saturday was no exception. I started doing chores and after lunch Lexi was sleeping and I was planning on doing more laundry and cleaning out the girls closets but Erika dragged the fabric out and stared at me with her beautiful brown eyes and said "Mom can we please make this for sister" who could say no to that?? So we put in a movie and laid out the fabric and started cutting. About 5 minutes into making the blanket she wanted to just take all the scraps and cut them up herself so I ended up doing the blanket all by myself...oh well!

After we got done she wanted pictures of her taken with the blanket so she could show little sister that she made it for her!We had to do another pose after this picture because apparently you couldn't see both sides in the first picture (even though the back side is solid black!) Erika is such a photographer in training!It was nice to forget chores and spend some one on one time with Erika. Of course this just means that the laundry mountain is growing but who cares!

No comments: