Last week I got out of work and the sun was shining and it was a warm and glorious day! It's almost the middle of May and we haven't had very many warm days and I am itching to put my girls in shorts and flip flops and let them wander outside! Since it was especially warm I thought it would be fun to go home and pack a picnic dinner and head to the park to eat dinner and play with the family. We waited for Lexi to wake up from her nap and then me and Erika made sandwiches and cut up fruit and vegetables to take. We packed our ice chest with drinks and the food and we headed out.
The first place we went to we unloaded the car and dragged everything out only to find that the grass was infested with all these nasty gnat bugs so we got back in the car and headed to another park.
By the time we got to another park the clouds had rolled in and the weather got chilly. So this is how we ate dinner:

All bundled in blankets!
The girls scarfed down their food and played on the playground for a little while.

After about 30 minutes of playing Trent and I couldn't feel our legs anymore so we packed up our freezing family and headed home.

I think we will wait until it warms up a little more before we do this again!
No comments:
Post a Comment