I laid on the table and clenched Trent's hand as the doctor started to peek around at the baby. He poked and prodded and then said "Today proves that the universe is in order. All morning I have had a run of baby" and then he paused. In my head I thought...please say there have been lots of baby girls today so that it means that ours is a boy! Let's be honest folks...we have two beautiful girls and I love them to pieces but it would be nice to switch it up a little and see what boys are like! Well he paused and he looked around some more and then said "Yep just what I thought....
a little girl
That's right people...#3 is another little girl. As much as we wanted a little boy we really know what we are doing with girls and we have everything for them might as well have another right?! My doctor then started laughing and said "Some families are generalists and others are specialists. Your family is definitely specialists...you specialize in little girls!
More importantly the doctor checked the babies head, heart, lungs, kidneys, thighs, wrists, etc to make sure they were all measuring correctly and working. When he was checking the brain he said "Yep you can tell this one is a girl because if it was a boy it would just have a pebble in there instead of a brain!" But like I was saying everything measured perfectly and right on schedule for my due date. With all the problems with my kidneys and being in the hospital I was told that there was a very high chance of the baby having something wrong with it (deformation, or physical disabilities) and now after this ultrasound and a test I had done at 17 weeks we know that this baby is healthy and practically perfect which is far better than anything we could have expected.
Driving home to pick up the girls Trent and I just laughed. What more could we do! I was really looking forward to going shopping to pick out cute little board shorts and skater shoes but this way it saves our bank account!
When we got to Trent's parents house to pick up Erika we walked up to her and said "Guess what...you're getting another sister" She looked up at us and so "Oh...okay...is she in the car?" I guess she thought we were going to pick up the baby today! She wasn't too excited about it being a girl but we have 3 more months to warm her up to the idea!
Lexi kept walking around telling everyone she was getting a brother! She doesn't quite get it. In fact if you ask her about the new baby she lifts up her shirt and pats her tummy and says "My baby is kicking"
We then went to Trent's Mom's work to let her know the news and had Erika call my parents while we were driving. She wasn't too excited about any of it! We then took this picture and sent it to family members to share the news.

I told Trent...when we were pregnant with Erika we got all sorts of girly baby things like swings, car seats, strollers, crib sets and I took them all back and got neutral gender instead of pink. Well...we could have just kept the pink! I did tell Trent though that I am tired of the zoo animal crib set...this 3rd ones a girl so we are going PINK! I got a tutorial from a friend on how to recover crib bumper pads and make new sheets & a crib skirt and it costs under $20 to do it all so I am going to recover everything in cute pink fabric!
The only other things I want to stock up on are diapers (of course), wet wipes, and some of these newborn gowns:

My children live in these for the first couple months of their lives and Erika was a formula baby and she spit up and ruined most of these cute little outfits so I want to get some that are white and pink...not off white/yellow and pink!
Oh and I am happy to say that a week later Erika is now accepting the fact that it is a baby sister coming! After I picked them up from the babysitters yesterday Erika looked at me and said "Mom we need to make a blanket for baby sister like mine and Lexi's". When Erika was born I got a double sided big fleece blanket that has the ties all around the edge. When I was pregnant with Lexi I made one for her because Erika loves hers and has to have it every night! So I took Erika to the fabric store and let her pick out fleece to make a blanket for her new sister.






4 comments:
Congrats again on baby girl 3! what a relief it is when they are all healthy in there.
oh man I keep wondering if we are in the same boat? It must have been all the late night chevron drink runs:) I just keep telling myself that if this one is a girl I am actually going to buy somethings that I didn't think were practical with the last two!
I love that you guys are specialists! =o) It's wonderful news that she is healthy and everything is well. I'm so happy for you guys!
I know this is so bad, but I was almost mad when they said it was a girl this time. I had convinced myself it was a boy and had pretty much decided that I never wanted to be pregnant again, so i couldnt be having a girl. But, that is why I am glad we can find out what we are having long before we have it, cause now I am completly happy to be having a girl. so congrats again on the girl, she will be lovely and adorable along with the other 2.
I am not sure If Marlee gets this whole baby/ pregnant thing either. She thinks there is a Greenlei in her tummy too. and even though she has felt her move way more than anyone else, sometimes I think she thinks I am making my stomach move.
oh well, she will have a rude awakening and Im sure she will love and hate it.
I am with you on clothes and such, it is like oh well at least we have everything and then you dig out the newborn box and everything is discolored and its like boo, i dont want to stick that on my brand new baby.
Anyways, good times maybe one day we will both have our little boys (though we may have to adopt to make that happen.)
Post a Comment