• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ch-ch-cha-changes

I have a list of things that I need to do before the baby gets here. Of course one of them is getting Lexi potty trained. She no longer screams when you put her on the toilet so we are headed in the right direction. In fact now she asks to sit on the potty right after she goes to the bathroom in her diaper so I feel like we are getting close which is a good sign! But second on the list was to get rid of these dreaded things:
Erika never liked pacifiers so we didn't have to deal with taking them away from her and we have put off taking away Lexi's because when she was whiny or tired we could just pop one in her mouth and she was good! When we would put her to bed at nights she reached out her hand and we would stick a pacifier in it and she holds on to it almost like a security blanket!

Last Monday I just decided it was time to be done. I put her to bed like normal and she reached out her cute little hand and said "Mom pas-cers" I sat down next to her and told her that pacifiers were only for babies so we were going to take all of her pacifiers and give them to the baby. She pulled up her jammy shirt and pointed to her stomach and said "Give pas-cers to my baby?" I explained it again and she said okay and went to bed.

I am not going to lie that night was kind of rough she got up a couple times just moaning and crying "Mom...pas-cers...Dad...pas-cers" Kind of breaks your heart but I would just say "Lexi no more pacifiers" and she would fall back to sleep and wake up later crying again.

The second night was COMPLETELY different. She went to bed and as I laid her down she said "My pas-cers for my baby" and didn't even ask! She slept through the night no crying. The next day she found a pacifier somewhere and brought it over to me and said "Mom more pas-cers for my baby" AWESOME!

Here we are a week later and still no pacifiers. She is doing amazingly well. She does have those times where she is tired or cranky and wants a pacifier but we quickly remind her that we gave them to the baby and she forgets about it!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

That is awesome, nice job!

Stephanie Salmon said...

Ooh, this is good to hear. I've been on the fence for a few months now with Mckinley and her binki. She's only 11 months still, but she mainly uses it when she sleeps and I know if we made up our minds, we could get rid of it, but we haven't buckled down yet.

Lindsey said...

Oh man, I need to get rid of Livi's... she is 2 and 8 months! Jake just keeps saying, "she loves it! She's a baby!" With no baby on the way then my almost 3 year old is our baby... before 3 though, I swear!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am impressed. She did so well! I still have to figure out a way to get rid of Zach's.