• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Weekly Update

So it seems like there is either tons of things to post about in a week or absolutely nothing...well the last week has been one of the absolutely nothing weeks. Here are a few things that we have been doing:

Last week after work I was sitting in the living room and I had all the windows open because it was actually a nice day when I hear tires squealing to a hault and then I hear doors slam open and guys start yelling "Get Out" "Move Out" "NOW NOW NOW" and I mean it was loud. So I run over to the front windows to see this:
In case you can't make out what that is...it is about 15 - 20 big guys all decked out in full fatigues carrying guns. Scary right? My mind starts racing (and I run to grab my camera...blog moment!) as to what can be going on in front of my house when the truck squeals away all the guys huddle and then another guy yells "Now" and they all take off running down the street. Well thats the last of them that I saw. I tried to get Trent to drive down the road and see what was going on but he wouldn't. I read later that week in the local paper that they were doing SWAT and Sniper training up behind our house.

On Saturday I went up to my cousin Natalie's baby shower in Farmington. It was fun to see a bunch of aunts and cousins! Natalie looked amazing at 7 months and I swear she looked like she was about 3 months along! It was fun to see her and see all the cute baby stuff that she got! Babies are so much fun and they have such cute stuff for them. Erika was pretty well behaved too which was nice! When she started to get restless she just went down stairs and played with toys and then would come back up and find me. After catching up on all the Fugal gossip it sounds like we will all be getting together soon for more baby showers and bridal showers! I can't wait!!

Okay lets see...what else? The weather has been absolutely beautiful. On Sunday afternoon we took the dogs up the canyon for a hike and Erika got to point out every butterfly and bug she saw. Tonight after the home teachers left we took the dogs up to the pond behind our house and Erika had fun throwing rocks in the water and getting soaked by the dogs!
Well thats about it...oh...I hate my life I forgot to add that. I still have to worry about my blood pressure and last night while I was in the middle of giving the lesson for family night my nose started to bleed. I turned the lesson over to Trent and he was such a good sport! He did a pretty good job for not having any idea what it was on! Its really annoying though getting them for no reason and having to wait like 30 minutes or more for it to stop. I think its time to go back on the medication again...

On a brighter note...Erika and I leave in less than 11 days for California...wohoo!! Erika and I are going to drive down on Saturday so that we can go to church with my family on Sunday. I love going back to my home ward and seeing everyone there! Plus my Mom gets to show off her granddaughter so is a win win situation! Then we will just hang out for a couple days and catch up on some much needed pool time before heading to Santa Cruz to go camping. Trent and my brothers will fly down there later that week and meet up with us just in time for the O'Neil sale! We have been saving our pennies for months so that we can splurge on birthday presents to ourselves while we are there. Then we will drive back on Monday and we will bring Brad and Mike back with us...I can't wait!

7 comments:

Morgan said...

ok, so that's a little crazy about the sniper training behind your house!

i am SOOO excited for SC. are you driving with erika by yourself? good for you, and good luck! hopefully she will be a good girl for you. we are driving on monday evening, hopefully leaving around 2 or 3pm, so asher can sleep after awhile, and not have to drive us nuts the whole way, and we won't have to drive too late into the night.

the o'neil sale, YES!! i need to restock on my reef flip flop supply. that's pretty much all i wear in the summer. we have to hang out at the campground. it really has been too long! nate will only be there until thursday night as he has gigs over the weekend. i am hoping that i can find someone to drive back with me so i don't have to go by my lonesome with 2 kids. that would be one long drive with sayer eating every 3 hours.

Lindsey said...

We have really been enjoying the weather too! I am jealous about your trip to Cali though...

Redd family said...

Sounds like you've been busy! I'm bummed I wasn't at Natty's shower, but excited to be there for the best part....the birth! Thanks for the bracelet, that was so sweet of you to think of me. Enjoy Cali!!

Hill said...

Okay I missed something, when did you get dogs? i thought you just had dog. Hmm.

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

I'm with Hill. I can't believe I don't know things like this. Have an awesome Mother's Day!

Amanda said...

so you should write to sarah and tell her that i need to be invited to her blog. so sad...

so for you...erica is so stinkin cute!! truly. i love reading the stories about her. i wish i could have been at nat's shower as well...but sadly the invite didn't get to me til the day after the party and well if i could've turned back time.

anyhow...hope all is well. enjoy cali! so jealous!

Chelsea said...

The pup looks real good! Skyler's dad's dog just had another batch of puppies - 7!! If you guys need another one, or know someone who does let us know!