This weekend was crazy busy for us! We found out Friday morning that Tyson (Trent's little brother) decided to go into the Army after all and was scheduled to leave in 4 days. It was kind of a shock to us all because we hadn't heard anything about it in a while and just a couple days before Tyson had called Trent asking about a sales position with our friends security alarm company. Since they had packed everything into a storage unit they drove up here to Utah to spend his last couple days with family and then Lauren would leave to go live with her parents in So Cal. We decided to throw an impromptu birthday party for the both of them at our house Friday night. That night I burned a bunch of copies of the 100 Years of Spanish Fork Fire Department DVD that I created to be sold at the celebration on Saturday. It was pretty time consuming but I just pulled up the banana chair to the computer and would watch tv and then just crawl over and insert a new DVD when the last one was done burning!
Saturday morning we got up at 7:00 and headed over to the fire station for breakfast. Trent's Dad is a firefighter and so they had an appreciation breakfast for fireman and their families as well as for the other surrounding fire departments that came to support them. During the breakfast they had the DVD playing over and over and it was nice to be able to actually put some names to the faces I had seen numerous pictures of! After the breakfast we took a bunch of pictures of the kids by all the fire trucks. For those of you who don't know Erika...she is not a morning person...at ALL! She likes to sleep in until 9 or 10 o'clock and is kind of a butthead if you wake her up before that! So getting up at 7 was not a good thing! She would cry everytime I tried to take a picture or would pull some mean grumpy face. Oh well...I guess none of these pictures will go on this years christmas card!
Check out the stink eye she is giving me in this picture:

After the breakfast there was a big parade and they closed down main street. There were 11 surrounding fire departments who showed up in their trucks and it was really cool to see all the support. They were trying to get 100 trucks but I lost track of the count after about 45! I was in charge of taking pictures of the parade for Trent's Dad so I was busy making sure to capture all the trucks before they went past me!
After the parade we headed down to the ball park where they had a program they put on. It was short and sweet and too the point which was great! The fire chief and mayor both spoke and there was a band. Then they read off the names of all the active duty and retired fire fighters that were still living and they got to walk up to the front and get a little present! After the program they had cake and soda for us all to eat! I love these pictures of Trent & Erika after the program:


On Sunday ( Happy Belated Mother's Day!) we went to church and then after church everyone came over to our house and we took family pictures at the park across the street. We wanted to take pictures before Tyson left and who knows when we would get a picture again. After pictures we all went back to our house and made quesadilla's and watched the Jazz game. Well not all of us watched...a couple of us girls used the time to catch up on sleep!
After the game we went over to Trent's Aunt's house for a big family dinner. It was fun to see a bunch of relatives and hang out. Erika had a blast jumping on the trampoline and running around the backyard with her cousins.
During Nursery Erika's class made Mother's Day cards and put together little presents with lotions and candy for all the kids to give their Mom's when I went to go pick her up the lady in charge said "Erika give your Mom her Mother's Day presents you made for her" She quickly hides the bag of candy and lotion behind her back and hands me the card saying "Here Mom" The lady in charge looks at Erika and says "Erika...give your Mom the other present you made for her" Erika looks back at her and thrusts the card back at me while stating "That's Mom's This is Erika's". We need to work on sharing...
Trent and Erika got me a picture frame to put some pictures of the two of them that they had taken early in the week. I need to remember to bring it to work so I can show off my cute family! I also got the windows tinted on the car for a Mother's Day present! I have been wanting to get it done for a while and then decided to just get it done! Trent took it in on Monday and we picked it up after work. It turned out really nice and was way cheaper than anywhere else in Utah County! Poor Erika gets blinded by the sun anytime we drive anywhere! This will help keep the sun from beating down on her fair skin and causing her to always have to squint her eyes while in the car!
Last night for FHE we went to the ball park and watched Trent's Dad's games. It was way windy and quite chilly but the kids had fun running around and playing. After the game we went to Barry's and fed our face and got warm! We got home about 9 o'clock and we were all in bed by 9:30! It was crazy...but so nice for a change to get to bed early. It seems like we were busy all weekend and didn't get much sleep so it was nice to get a good 8 hours of sleep last night! I think Trent fell asleep before his head even hit the pillow! The poor thing hasn't been feeling well since Friday and all the commotion didn't help!
This week is once again packed and totally crazy. We have something going on every night and in the middle of all that I need to find time to pack and get everything ready to go so that Erika and I can take off Saturday morning for Cali. Oh yeah and in the mean time...the cd player in the car just decided to stop working...awesome...just in time for a trek across the desert...so all you mechanics out there that are reading our blog help us out! How can we fix it without having to pay for a new cd player?!?







6 comments:
You guys are the busiest people I know! And crazy about Tyson just deciding to join the army!
those pics of trent and erika are so cute. you guys have been busy. i love how you guys do so much stuff with family. since nate's older bro moved to town, we've been getting together so much more, and i love it. family is great!
do you guys have a tape deck in your car as well? if you do and have an mp3 player or an ipod, you can just use a cassette tape adaptor and plug it onto your ipod and it will play through the speakers. if you don't have any of those things, than i am not much help. good luck though!
see you in about a week!
Wow, what a weekend. And I thought I was busy! I love the pics of Erika on Trent's shoulders - adorable!
Wow, and I thought my week was busy. Tyson's wife must be the sweetest thing ever to agree to the army thing, or I am the meanest thing ever, because Josh mentioned that before we got married and I had a COW!
Erika is hilarious. Can you blame her; she worked on it for probably all of nursery. I'd keep it too.
WOW! That does sound like a crazy weekend. Do you ever feel like you need a weekend to recouperate from your busy weekend? Sometimes we are so tired by the time Monday hits, I spend the whole week in pjs trying to recover. Aren't you glad you get to vacation next week. I am so excited for camping this year. And we have been having the biggest heat wave this week and it is supposed to be pretty warm next week too, so we should be able to get some good beach days in! Yeah for memorial weekend! See you next week...
Post a Comment