On Tuesday I went and ran last minute errands like Wal-Mart for goodies for the car, getting the oil changed, etc. When I got home spent the night doing my crack cleaning...this is where I start cleaning and just can't stop. I probably did like 5 loads of laundry and swept, mopped, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned out the fridge..etc...once I get started I just can't stop. While I was scrubbing the kitchen sink Trent looked over and said "Oh are you in one of those moods again?" I don't have them very often but when I do I am very productive!
Wednesday night I started more laundry, made dinner, and then some people from the ward came over and I put on a How To Sell on eBay thing. Basically I walked them through finding products, how to take pictures of items, to listing an item, tips on listing an item, and what to do once you sell that item. After they left I typed up about 4 pages of step by step instructions and tips on having a successful listing. It was fun...quite exhausting...but fun! After they left I went back to laundry and then got all the suitcases down and got Erika completely packed and myself halfway packed. A lot of my clothes are hanging out to dry all over the house!
Thursday (today) was the craziest of all! It was Trent's Mom's birthday today so we had everyone over for dinner and dessert and to open presents. It was fun to see the cousins all run around together and get a lot of their energy out! After they all left we pulled the cars out of the garage and let Erika ride her tricycle around in circles in there while I did a deep clean on the car. I ripped everything out and cleaned every nook and cranny so that it is spotless for our trip....why do we do this? Clean everything so that it can just get dirty again in one day? Oh well...so I vacuumed, washed windows, and put all the 72 hour kits and roadside supplies in the back so that we wouldn't forget them when we are packing up the car tomorrow night.
After that was done it was upstairs to my trusty old computer. My nephew Oakley is turning 2 next week and Tiffany asked me to create an invitation for her to send out. I have kind of been putting it off because once I get started with Photoshop I tend to be hooked for hours...and what do you know it is now almost midnight and I am just finishing ! I did a couple different designs but something was missing on each one. Here is the end result. He likes the movie Cars if you couldn't tell!
Now I am off to go finish packing up all my clothes and getting everything downstairs for tomorrow night I have to meet the Relief Society president down at the church so that we can make a bunch of changes before the end of the month. Which means that I will be lucky if I get out of there in 3 hours...wish me luck! Either way my night is completely shot once I get home from that. Man preparing for a trip is exhausting!






7 comments:
Thanks Em! I love it..
crack cleaning is the perfect word for it. i do the same thing. i hate cleaning 30 out of 31 days a month, but that one day, i can't stop. have so much fun in CA!
wow, busy busy. i am the same way about cleaning. i get on kicks where i just have to get everything done. i always clean the car out before a trip too. probably because i know it will get dirty, and i don't want it to be TOO bad.
you just reminded me of all the stuff that i need to do before i go. i need to go buy sand toys for asher and all that fun stuff!
drive safe!
So, like I told Tiffany, the invitation is super cute...but I don't need any competition in the family! just kidding, but it is way cute. You do such a good job. Hopefully you have fun on your trip!!
I do a crack clean every now and then, usually late at night and I know that I'm going to be so tired the next day, but once you start you gotta finish. By the way, you are exhausting! just reading about your week made me tired. How do you do it? is it crack for real?
too bad you werent coming down to san diego instead of santa cruz. Oh well.
I dont have the address yet. I told mom today once I have it I will let everyone know asap.
have fun in california
Hey, where do you get your fonts and graphics and such?
Post a Comment