• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Vacation Re-Cap Part I

So we are back home safe and sound and totally exhausted! Let me ask you this...how can you be exhausted when all you have done for a week is lay by a pool, build sand castles at the beach, shop, and sit around the campfire stuffing your face with snacks and good cooking? It just doesn't add up!! Here is what we have been up to since the last post:

Saturday

I was all packed and ready to go by Thursday night so that I wouldn't have to run around and stay up late Friday night getting things ready. WELL Friday night Erika got two huge canker sores on the inside of both of her cheeks so she was up every hour on the hour crying...so much for getting a goods night rest! Because of this we were up earlier than planned and on the road by 7:30. Erika did amazing and I wasn't tired one bit (thanks to Trent's awesome prayer he said for us before we left!) The trip went by pretty fast and I was so happy to be done with it!

We stopped every 2 hours and walked around, got a treat, and then hopped back in the car. Erika was such a trooper and watched Shrek, Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, and then Little Mermaid again and then we were there! (Gotta love DVD players!) Me on the other hand I burned an MP3 CD with random songs off my computer and so I just sang my little heart out to 7 1/2 hours of music...it was great fun!

We got to my parents house about 5:30 and it was straight to the pool for us because it was 100 degrees when we got there! We spent the rest of the night swimming and relaxing. Here is Erika all decked out in her swim gear and wearing her new pink Reef flip flops that her Papa picked out for her from the Huntington Surf and Sport store in Laguna Beach.


Sunday

It was Stake Conference so my Mom and Dad went over to the Stake House early and saved us comfy seats and then Erika, Kyle and I headed over about 15 minutes before it started! It was fun to see not only people from my home ward but people from my stake that I have not seen since I moved away to college.

That afternoon we just relaxed and had naps and had family come over to visit!

Monday

My Mom and Erika and I ran errands and hit the mall and went shopping in the morning. My Mom took me on a shopping spree for an early birthday present and I found some cute shirts, a green and white skirt that I love, and some green shorts. If you are thinking "Man overkill on the green" you obviously haven't read this. I (heart) green! When we got home I put Erika down for a nap and headed out to the pool to get some color on my pasty Utah white skin. I only planned on being out there for an hour but then my Mom came out and we chit chatted and then Erika woke up and wanted to come out and before I knew it I had been outside for close to 4 hours and I was totally lobsterfied! My skin was seriously red and it hurt to move any part on my body!

That night we went to the park down around the corner from my parents house to meet a couple other families in the ward for FHE. Erika got to ride her tricycle around the playground and tag along with a bunch of kids so she was in heaven! Plus it was fun to see more people from the ward and get caught up on what they are doing!

Tuesday

This day involved more shopping to get ready for the camping trip as well as packing up the trailer and getting food prepared to take down there. Plus we got to take another nap. Man I would lay down with Erika for a second for a nap and I would be out for hours...it was wonderful! That night we watched American Idol. Here is Erika and Kyle dancing for us!

Here are some more pictures of my little princess and my cute little brother. Erika loved hanging out and playing with Kywal (thats toddler speak for Kyle):


One of the errands on this day included going to Wal-Mart to get our copies of National Treasure 2. After American Idol was over we popped in this movie and watched it. It was pretty good. Not as good as the first one but definitely a good flick.

Wednesday

So this was our final day in Rocklin...so sad!! We finished packing up the cars and running those last few errands while Kyle was at school. When he got out at 12:30 we were out of there! My
Mom rode with Erika and I in our car for part of the way and then Kyle rode with us for the last part of the drive. The 2 1/2 hours it takes to get there is nothing compared to the drive we had just made a couple days before! I love driving through the mountains once we get on HWY 17 and rolling down the windows and taking in that wonderful smell of Sycamore trees...We got to our campsite and unloaded the cars and set up camp in record time with the help of my cousins Jake and Matthew who came down early with my grandparents the day before. They were a big help setting up the massive amounts of tents and my parents tent trailer.

Here are some pictures of Erika relaxing that night in a beach chair that is just her size!So thats it for Part I of our trip...I am exhausted and should have gone to bed hours ago but I wanted to give everyone the start of an update on our trip! Hopefully tomorrow night I will have time to finish the update!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am jealous, that sounds like so much fun! Glad you made it home safely!

Morgan said...

you guys are so good at packing it all in! i'm so glad you had a nice trip with your family. it was good to chat for a little while. i tell you, it's so hard to move away from that campfire once i sit down. so sadly, it was really hard for me to get out and about. but still such a great trip!!

Josh and Michelle said...

I soooo miss Santa Cruz! Im so jealous! Thank heavens for car dvd players.They make such a huge difference in the driving with kids. I love green clothes too. There is so much out there now in green, so cute. Shopping sprees are the best present. Dont you hate getting burnt as an adult? I really didnt mind that much as a kid, but now I think it is so miserable. Not that Ive gotten much sun in like the past 7 years, but there has been a few occasions.Anyways I am glad you had a good trip, cant wait to hear the rest.

Hill said...

That is awesome, I wish that my child would travel better so I could go to fun stuff like you guys do. Erika is such a little trooper, I love her lawn chair.