• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Friday, June 11, 2010

California Trip...Part III

Friday

On Friday morning all the big kids woke up early and headed off to the O'Neill sale. I could already hear a new pair of sunglasses and a purse calling my name! This trip was going wonderfully...then my phone rang. It was my boss and he was just making small talk for a while and then finally he came out and said that they had to lay me off because they couldn't afford to keep me on the staff anymore. If it made me feel better though that they let go of 5 people so I wasn't the only one (yeah that makes me feel LOADS better thanks). I couldn't believe that after working for this company from almost the ground up for the last 8 years I was being let go...over the phone...while on vacation. Now that I have had time to cool off and look back I realize I would rather be laid off like that then show up to work after vacation and have them not be able to afford to pay me. I am glad that the call came before the sale though because then I was able to not blow money on things we couldn't now afford. And to tell you the truth the company hasn't been doing that well financially for the past couple years so I knew this day would come sometime...I just wasn't expecting it at all to come that day!!

Anyways...I wasn't going to let this get the better of my vacation so when we got back to camp we saw blue skies and warm sunny weather so it was off to the beach we went! While we got ready Lexi hung out in her jammies!
She spent most of the time checking out things on the street from under the trailer!
She also had her Dad help her ride the scooterWhile Kyle and London took a spin around the campground on a friend's bicycle built for two!After snacks were packed and sunscreen was applied we headed to the beach! Such a cute picture...I love it! Erika was so excited to finally get to the beach! Lexi on the other hand was mortified that she was getting dirty! She did not like the dirty sand touching her feet and wanted nothing to do with the water! It was easy to keep track of her because we laid out a beach towel and she would NOT get off it! In fact if her toes did accidentally touch the sand she would start crying and freaking out!She did discover a new love for licorice though while she was at the beach! My Mom was nice enough to take Erika down to the water to dip their toes in...what she didn't know was that my brothers were plotting to take her under! She was totally caught off guard and there she goes...Going...Going...Gone...Poor Erika was FREAKING out and screaming "NO NOT MY NANNY, LEAVE HER ALONE" They tried to do the same thing to Trent but he saw it coming and fought them off!While we were there we saw a bunch of dolphins swimming really close to the shore!Erika had fun playing in the sand and running down to the water and letting the waves chase her! Check out that cute little fishy bum!
I think this might have been Thursday night but oh well! One night we made tin foil dinners (yummers)
Mike and Jess made theirs extra special!While we cooked Lexi just chillaxed in this beach chair that was just her size!Saturday

Saturday we went to the beach again...but not before Erika could get in some good skateboarding time! She traded another girl her bike for this skateboard for the morning and she had a blast flying down the hill! She informed me that for her next birthday when she turns 5 we should get her one...right okay...I'll remember that! After we got home from the beach we cleaned up and got ready to go to Boardwalk. Erika had fun riding the rides with Summer and Noahand hanging out with London on the Merry Go Round but most of all she loved riding on as MANY rides as she wanted! She even loved going on a couple big kid rides with Mom & Dad! We taught her how to stand up nice and tall so she could be tall enough to go on the big rides! Lexi on the other hand was content just eating as much popcorn as she wanted! We did take her on the Merry-Go-Round though! My Mom kept pointing at me and waving and I thought she just wanted to take a picture...turns out Lexi's favorite part of the ride was licking the bar...SICK! Once it started moving she stopped the licking and hung on for dear life! Around 9:00 my parents took the girls home and Trent and I acted like two young kids in love and ran around the place riding the roller coasters as much as we could until it closed! I think that we rode the Big Dipper roller coaster for 1 hour straight. There was no line so we would run off the ride and then get back in line and get right onto it! It was a blast!!

No comments: