• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

California Trip...Part 1

I'm going to break down the re-cap of our trip in a couple of posts so that I don't have one massively long post!! So on Friday May 21st I went into work super early while Trent stayed home with the girls and got them ready and the rest of the junk packed into the car. He then met me at my office and we switched cars and the girls and I were on our way! We were able to leave by 11:30 so I was hoping this would put us in Rocklin fairly early...boy was I wrong. Turns out Lexi HATES her car seat and hates sleeping in her car seat even more. We had to stop every couple hours so I could let her run around and get a bunch of energy out. Then when we got to Reno the weather turned bad...real bad. The pass was snowy and cold. It dropped down to 29 degrees and I didn't go more than 15 mph for almost the whole pass. I saw a couple cars flipped over and smashed into the side of the mountain as well so that was scary. We finally got into town around 8:30 though and boy was I glad to be done with the trip!!

Saturday

Saturday was super busy. It was my cousin Ashlie's wedding so our house was the center of activity! Inside the house the beautiful bride got her hair and make-up done and outside the bouquets and center pieces were being made. While I helped with the flowers my Dad helped watch the girls: Nothing like a little slave labor to wash your car! Lexi had fun carrying around her purse and a bottle of Armor-All! That afternoon we attended the beautiful wedding ceremony. It was a beautiful afternoon with a slight breeze and the perfect temperature. What more could you ask for!My Dad was officiating the ceremony and did a wonderful job!Afterwards everyone was invited to a dinner reception at a place in town. It was SUPER fancy and we had like 12 courses of food brought out to us. Erika, my Mom, and I had our share of fruity lemonades and Shirley Temples! After the dinner was dancing. Sunday

On Sunday we went to Stake Conference with my family. It was fun to see families from the Stake that I grew up with and catch up on what they have been up to...and show off my cute girls! After church we went for a bike ride down to feed the ducks
Apparently my children thought that they were more hungry than the ducks because they ate most of the bread! Lexi decided she wanted a drink and kept sticking her tongue in the whole of the water bottle causing water to spill everywhere! No Lex...you are suppose to feed the ducks that bread!!
After the ducks we stopped by the playground so Erika could get some more energy out. She had to borrow a helmet so this one was a little big on her...can you tell?


Here my Mom is praying to the Playground Gods...just kidding. She is ordering her lunch in the little echo thing and Erika was taking her order at the other one! She would ask you what you wanted to drink and if you wanted fries with that and then would bring out the order to you...hilarious!
Lexi did NOT want to play on the playground!Stay tuned for the rest of the trip!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Haha. James always has to eat the bread too whenever we go feed the ducks! Love it.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.