• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Catch Up Time

Last weekend we went with Trent's parents down to St. George. Every conference weekend we head down there for a little mini vacation. Its fun to get away and hang out with family. Erika spent 85% of the time spinning herself and her bunny "Purple" around in the computer chair and the remaining time she spent painting anyone's finger nails that would let her.
Her Nanny took her to Wal-Mart while we were there and got her a little container to put her fingernail polish in. She felt so grown-up painting everyone's fingernails. She even did her own fingernails! Everyone got a couple colors on each finger too! After she was done she would tell us to make sure that we don't touch anything and to just hold our hands out. It was pretty cute!

Lexi was happy just crawling around from person to person and climbing over anything left on the floor. She mastered the art of pulling herself up while we were down there and now she only crawls when she runs out of places to pull herself up on to! She also enjoyed crawling over to the back door and staring at the wind chimes and flags.

Erika put the last star on her "I've Been Good" chart! She did awesome and the only day she ever pulled out her rubber bands she started bawling when I picked her up from the babysitters saying that she didn't mean to. She has been so happy today from the second she woke up because she knew she would get a toy if she didn't pull out her hair that day. I took her to the store and she actually picked out one of the Barbie's on the clearance aisle!! What a good girl! She has been playing with it non-stop since we got home. I had to beg her to put it down so she could eat her dinner.

Here are the girls helping put together a birthday present for my brother Brad. Erika drew a picture and asked me to write on it so I grabbed a pen and she told me to write "Happy Princess Birthday Brad. You can't eat this paper" wh-what? My child is beyond random!

Some funny things said by Erika the last week:

After looking at Granny's fake plants she proceeded to tell her "You need to throw those plants away they are deading"

I drove over the rumble strip getting off the freeway and she says to me "That's disgusting the car just farted"

I made chicken cordon bleu for dinner and I put Erika's plate in front of her and she says "You liar...this isn't blue chicken"

4 comments:

The Fab 4 From Washington said...

Oh Erika cracks me up. Sounds like she entertains you every day with her random comments! Too funny!

chelsea said...

HAHA! She is one funny girl!

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

i about peed my pants with the blue chicken. that girl cracks me up. i bet uncle tyson would have let her polish his fingernails. i wish i would have know you guys were going down cause I could have afforded to take a day off and come up to st george...way easier then up to utah...still would have sucked but at least managable

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

i mean further into utah...i never think of st george as utah for some reason