• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Monday, October 19, 2009

Has it really been that long?

Time to update the blog since its been a week and half since I last posted anything...now that pictures are piling up! Here is Lexi's new trick. She is quite the gymnast and loves to crawl all over everything. Her favorite place to crawl on top of is the printer...go figure! She also loves climbing under and over all the bottoms of the chairs in the dining room.
Last weekend I took the girls up to Gardner Village to see the "twitches" while Trent was Deer Huntin' with the boys. Erika wanted to do something fun for the day and I thought that it would be a fun outing for us. The weather was beautiful and the drive was a nightmare. Not because I had two girls with me in the car for almost an hour but because I almost died...no joke.

I was about 3 miles away from my exit and I hear screeching tires and look out my window and don't see anything...look out the passenger window and don't see anything...look out my window again to see a minivan flying across 4 lanes of traffic directly at my door. The lady in the passenger seat was gripping the dashboard and I could tell she was screaming. At this time they were maybe two lanes away and I slammed on my brakes as they seriously flew inches in front of my car and then I sped up so that the car behind me wouldn't slam into the back of me. I was seriously so lucky that the freeway wasn't packed so I could slam on my brakes going 70 mph and not cause an accident myself! I was shaking so bad and crying...okay scratch that...BAWLING...that I had to pull off the freeway so I could regain my composure. I looked in my rearview mirror and saw that the van had made it all the way across the freeway traveling sideways and didn't manage to hit one person...oh man someone was looking out for us that day!

So we got back on the freeway and the rest of the day was enjoyable!! I swear I will never forget the look of horror on that woman's face in the van though. Ugh...just makes me shiver thinking about it again.

The first thing as we walked in Gardner Village there was a line of high school girls who would do "witch" glitter make up. Erika politely asked if she could have fairy glitter instead! She had so much fun getting her eyes all pretty.

Then we proceeded to walk around the village and saw all the cute shops and did a treasure hunt where you have to find witches hidden all over and name the store that they are in front of. Once we were done with the treasure hunt we took it to the bakery to get a cookie. Erika had a blast!

We stopped and took pictures at a couple of Erika's favorite witches. This witch had crazy hair and was hanging upside down:


This witch was purple...enough said...


This witch would lift up her skirt and you could see a black kitty cat running around its legs:

The one thing about the Bewitching place was that I would say 90% of the people there were dressed up as witches...both kids and adults! Erika looked at me and said "where is my witch costume" Um...sorry child I had no idea this was a costume event!!

We also had fun at the little petting zoo and the miniature kid maze. After we left there we went and ran a TON of errands! Both of the girls were such good troopers and were both super happy!

On Sunday I had the girls in matching shirts and skirts for church and I attempted to get a picture of the two of them. Here they are:

Attempt 1:
Lexi's belly hanging out and the
bow was ripped off her head


Attempt 2:
Once again bow around neck and her screaming
because her sister is bugging her
Attempt 3:
Not what I was hoping for but I will take it


2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

OH MY GOSH!! We're so glad you're still alive! That is so scary! The pictures are so cute though!!

Love you!!

-Brother

Danielle said...

OH MY HELL that is scary - glad it turned out ok

pics of "Fiona" as the fairy are very very cute she is beautiful