• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ummm...Where did October go?

Is this month going extremely fast for ANYONE else? I feel like it was just yesterday that we went to St. George to visit Trent's grandparents and that was the 2nd of October! Next week is Halloween and I still don't have a costume for Alexis.

This weekend was a big weekend for the family. My sister in law Tiffany married Adam, a wonderful addition to the family! For the last couple weeks we have been running around helping to get things ready for the big day. Then on Thursday I left for work and I swear it feels like I didn't get home until Friday night after the wedding was over!

On Thursday night we went and started setting up everything. There were so many people there to help that it really didn't take that long. We were home and in bed by 11:30!

On Friday we were all up and running at the crack of dawn. All the food was picked up and last minute errands were run. Erika and I went to the Beauty School in town and Erika had a BLAST! She got her hair, make-up and nails all done for WAY cheap...we are taking pennies here folks! She had so much fun getting pampered and would sit in her chair and cross her legs and read a magazine. I was cracking up! I wish I would have taken the camera with me. They did such a good job though with the little hair that she did have! When we got home we hurried and got dressed...grabbed all the junk we would need in order to spend the next 8 hours away from the house and headed to the church. I thought it would be nice to have a picture of the girls in their matching outfits...you would think I would know better by now. It's just not going to happen! Oh well...here is cute little Lexi Lou

Erika squeezing the guts out of Lexi

Erika not looking and Lexi more interested in one of my bracelets then in taking a picture!

A big shout out goes to my fellow co-worker Emily and her crafty company MotleyHandMade for making me and my girls these matching adorable flower headbands! We all looked so pretty matching together!!

These two are usually fighting like brother and sister and at each other's throats but on Friday they were the best of friends! Always walking around hugging each other and holding hands. Way too cute!

Really...how cute is this?

Erika was obsessed with the flowers there and was so happy that I let her have my bridesmaid bouquet to carry around all night. If Tiffany happened to put her flowers down she would bug her and ask her where her flowers were and then help her find them until she was holding them again!

Erika and her special smile!! She was pulling all sorts of faces that night!

She was nice enough to share her cheesecake with her Dad though! Probably because she knew there was a table full of more right behind her...not to mention that she had all the kitchen ladies wrapped around her finger!

I caught Oakley red-handed eating the cake and made him do it again so I could get a picture of him...sorry Tiff if the bottom of your cake looked like some bird attacked it! I couldn't resist though he looked so cute sitting there doing it!

Erika and Kaylee chowing down on cheesecake. These two were in heaven running around the building and chasing each other all night!

After the reception Alexis and Oakley both crashed...on the floor! It was so sweet to see the two of them laying by each other.

The cake...before Oakley attacked it!

The beautiful bride...

The sign in table...if anyone needs a sign in book I am a pro now!

The happy couple leaving the church in a cloud of bubbles!

After the couple left it was time to take down and clean up. Erika had fun climbing to the top of the ladder and jumping to her Dad...crazy child!

All in all it was a wonderful night! The decorations were beautiful, the food was delicious, there was a ton of good company, the girls were well behaved, and I gained a new brother in law! Quite the awesome night if you ask me!

This has definitely been a action packed year for our families. Erika keeps asking when the next wedding is going to be! She loves being able to dress up and see the princesses in their white dresses!

After Friday night was over we crashed! We didn't wake up until almost 11 on Satuday morning and then we all took naps around 1! It was great. We spent most of the day lounging around in our pjs...it was wonderful!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

You all looked so beautiful! I LOVE those headbands! I'll have to check that website out.

Anonymous said...

I really wish I could've gone to the wedding but we went out of town. The girls looked so beautiful!