• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Week Overload

Last week was AH-mazing..no joke. Sorry this post is going to be long...filled with pictures and videos...and lots of rambling!! My brother and his wife came into town Wednesday and stayed with us. I had Friday off from work so we headed to the reservoir Friday morning and caught some rays. Erika had fun rolling around in the water like a mermaid and Alexis chilled under the umbrella on the beach and entertained herself. If was so nice to finally feel the suns rays on my after my body not seeing the sun on the weekends for like 2 months! When we were getting ready to leave I was washing off the blow up toys and hear Alexis start gagging and I turn around and Erika had put a handful of sand in her mouth. I quickly cleaned her mouth out and pour water in her mouth to get the sand out so she could start breathing again...totally scared me. Erika informed me that Alexis said she was hungry so she was feeding her cereal...BAH!Alexis crashed when we got home that afternoon!


That night we went to my cousins house in Pleasant Grove. He puts on a huge firework show for the neighborhood and family so we went to be entertained.Saturday we had the Fugal Family reunion at the Pleasant Grove pool in the morning. They rented out the whole pool so we had fun lounging around and swimming with all the cousins. Erika had a blast playing with all the little girls her age in the shallow end of the pool and under the waterfall.
After the pool we had a luncheon and played games. It was so much fun to see all the family. I love family reunions!! They had an arts and crafts table and Erika made all these crowns for us. Please notice that they are all pink and purple and have castles on them! She is such a girl!!After that we rushed home and got showered and headed to the Stadium of Fire. My uncle is a big donor for the Stadium of Fire and flew out Glenn Beck and his family for the week so they had about 40 tickets on the 3rd row on the field so we were invited to go!! Here are the wristbands we had to wear to get on the field. I wish I would have taken a picture of Trent's that got burned by the firework show! I have never been and it was SO much fun!!! Glenn Beck was an amazing speaker and I spent most of the performance in tears.Then we got to see the JONAS BROTHERS!! Go Jo Bros!! I am not a big fan of teeny booper music and have no idea what their names are or any of their songs but they put on an amazing performance. We were so close you could practically see up their noses! And we were surrounded by a hundred screaming...crying...yelling little girls! They were singing along to all the songs. Occasionally my eardrum would be blown out by a high pitched yell of "Marry Me Joe" or "I love you Kevin" followed by more sobbing and screaming. It was quite the event! We purchased some ear plugs for Alexis and she spent the whole night in a peaceful sleep. Erika was jumping around and dancing to the music the whole time. She was in little girl heaven!!
That night they retired the huge flag they have in the stadium. It was an awesome sight to see all the military men and women carrying that huge flag into the stadium and hearing the stadium go dead silent as they made their way to the field. I love patriotic songs and that feeling that everyone has when a patriotic song comes on or when the flag was shown. So amazing to live in a country where we can believe, work, and live where we want. I was such a ball baby. I spent 3/4 of the time crying my eyes out!
The firework so was spectacular! I seriously love fireworks! We should have the 4th of July celebration at least 4 times a year!! We were so close that you couldn't really look up without getting flying ash and smoke in your face. The girl behind us had her shirt catch on fire and embers landed on Trent's had and burned his hand everywhere...but it was still so amazing to see it that close!! I think it took my ears a good 24 hours to stop ringing!!I know you wish you were there so here is a little peace of the concert! It really was entertaining.

And then here are some clips of the firework show...in case you didn't get to see enough yourself over the weekend!

On Sunday we finally had Alexis blessed. We have been waiting until this past weekend so that most of our family would be able to make it. We had the blessing at Trent's aunt and uncles house in Spanish Fork and we had an awesome turnout. I think the last head count was 50 people!! We feel so blessed to have such amazing family and friends that take time out of their holiday weekend to share this special day with us. Trent gave Alexis a fabulous blessing. Alexis fell asleep right before the blessing and woke up right after it was over...perfect!! Then we feasted!! I made all the fixings for Cafe Rio burritos/salads again! Alot of people asked for the recipe and told them to check the blog. You can find it again HERE. It was such an awesome day and such a great way to end a wonderful week. Thanks again to all the family and friends that came to celebrate with us and helped prepare food and set up and clean up everything! I don't know what we would do without you!!

Four Generations of Fugal Girls

Us with The Mohowski Fam and Mindy

(apparently we are all looking at another camera!)

The Smith Clan with Grandpa & Grandma Fugal

The Davies Family

The Immediate Davies Family...minus Tyson & Lauren

The Garbe Group

With my parents

The Smith Clan...minus B-rad


6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hey guys, we are so sorry that we couldn't make it to Alexis' blessing!! Jake works 2 Sunday's a month so they planned the meeting for our calling around his work schedule and we couldn't miss... she looks absolutely adorable though!

bre said...

I LOVE the Jonas Brothers...they are totally hott....If i were still a teenager that is.... ;)

Alexis looked adorable in her dress. How great to have so much family over!

Jill said...

I love the pictures! Thanks for the invite for the blessing. Sorry we weren't able to come. I hope things are going well for you guys.

Stephanie Salmon said...

Wow, what a post! Sounds like you guys celebrated the 4th of July in style. We could have gone to the stadium of fire but we would have sat at the very very back, and Brandon didn't want to go anyway so we stayed home and watched the fireworks from the roof.

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

love the blessing photos. love the minus ty and lauren...i feel loved :) im so jealous you got to hear glenn beck. he is so amazing, and his life story is amazing...ok im a nerd. anyways totally jealous of your weekend.

ps you're looking young and great in these pictures!

Shari Davis said...

What a fun weekend you had! Alexis looks beautiful in her blessing dress. Thanks for the invite. Wish we could have been there to FINALLY meet you guys. I guess we'll just have to wait till the wedding. Anyway, you totally fab! and you and Trent have beautiful babies!