• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Where Do I Start?!?

You know when you get behind in blogging its hard to know where to even start...so let's start at the beginning...a very good place to start! This might take a couple days to get through but here is the first of many posts hopefully this week!

On Friday April 3rd we woke up to lots of rain so Trent didn't end up working so we started getting thing ready so we could take off to Cali. Of course we didn't end up leaving until almost 1 o'clock but still we were on the road a day early so thats good! The drive was easy with 2 kids. We stopped every 4 hours and I would feed Alexis while Trent and Erika ran around the car and got energy out. It was ALOT easier than I thought it would be!

Saturday we spent the day helping shovel bark and clean up the backyard so it would start to look good for the open house the following week. Erika, Trent and Kyle were crazy enough to jump in the pool...so cold! It was a warm day but the water was still pretty cold! That night we decorated Easter Eggs too. Erika had fun making pink and purple easter eggs!

Sunday the Easter Bunny came to California because he knew that we would be busy in San Diego on Easter Sunday. Erika found everyone's Easter baskets for them and handed them out. She ate probably her weight in candy that morning too! Oh well! That afternoon we did an Easter Egg hunt in the backyard and Kyle walked around with Erika and helped her find eggs. That night Trent flew back to Utah and we started packing again!

Monday morning we packed up the car and headed to Laguna Beach with my Mom and Kyle and his friend. This drive went pretty well too and we only stopped once to feed our faces and I fed Alexis. That night was spent hauling in suitcase after suitcase into the beach house.

Tuesday we hurried and ate breakfast, packed a lunch and headed down to the beach. Erika had a blast rolling in the sand and being chased by the water as she called it! I have a cousin that is just a year older than her and another cousin 2 years older than her so the three of them had a blast running around together. Erika seriously didn't want to leave and I don't blame her! Our fair bodies both got seriously cooked! I had a lovely sunglass tan and only one side of my legs was burned...lovely just in time for the wedding! Poor Erika gets burned the second she gets out in the sun and we were constantly putting sunscreen on her all day long but it didn't help much. Alexis got decked out in her swimsuit too but spent the day sleeping in her car seat or on a towel under the beach umbrella. Alright thats enough for one post...I am exhausted so I need to hop in bed. Stay tuned for more details!

3 comments:

Josh and Michelle said...

AWW, I sooo miss the beach! looks like so much fun. It is so hard being in the sun with kids, I am always worried that they are getting burnt esp. the babies . I love being in the sun, but burns seem to suck so much more than when I was a teen. Glad your having so much fun!

Hill said...

That looks so fun, but a little exhausting too. Good thing you had lots of family there to help you with your cute girls.

The Kelly Family said...

Looks like you guys had a good and busy vacation. Alexis is getting so big already. Your girls are both so cute! My girls love that pretty pretty princess game. We play it all the time. Brinley and Elise have really fair skin, too. I have to lather on the sunscreen constantly and they still get fried. And all of the sand sticks to the sunscreen. Then Maddie and Cassie get a perfect brown tan and never burn when I forget to put sunscreen on them. But we love the beach, too :)