My Mom and Dad have been here all week and they brought up a big girl bed for Erika from California! It probably would have been cheaper to buy it up here instead of having to lug it all the way across I-80 with gas prices how they are but this bed is a nice big sturdy oak bunk bed that will last for forever! (We only set up one bed though...Little Miss Gymnastics thinks she can jump off of everything so if we put the whole bunk bed up she would probably jump off the top bunk all the time) So yesterday afternoon my parents came over and helped set up the bed and take down her crib while she was taking a nap. After they left when she woke up I told her there was a surprise in her room and her eyes lit up and she ran to her room and comes running back screaming...MY BUTTERFLY BED! She picked out the bedspread one night while we were shopping and has been dragging it out of the closet and asking me like everyday if she can use it and I would keep saying "Not until your big girl bed gets here" She was so excited!Trent and I were slightly worried that we would not get a good nights rest since she was so hyper and probably would end up walking out of her room every 2 minutes (thanks to the ice cream that Papa got her!) Well we said prayers and laid her in her bed and took some pictures of my little baby in her big bed and then walked out. About 10 minutes later I went in to check on her and she was asleep and hadn't even moved!! She is such an awesome child!! In the morning when she woke up she screamed "Mom I need to go potty" so I screamed back "Okay you can get out of bed" and she went potty and then climbed back in bed and went back to sleep! I only hope our future children are this good at everything we have been totally spoiled with Erika!!
Here are some pictures of Erika in her new bed!



Here she is pretending to be asleep!
And here she is actually asleep a couple minutes later! What a sweetheart!!






8 comments:
Man, she is good! I cant even get my 3 year old to stay in bed and go to sleep at night. Then when she is asleep Bailey still falls of the bed.
super cute pictures. you're little girl is growing up how sad. Its amazing how cute kids look in big beds like that cause they take up hardly any room at all with their lil bodies.
holy cow emily!!! She is such a good sleeper!!! You are lucky!! Emma's a pretty good sleeper.. but dottie.. she is a whole other story!! we haven't even introduced her to potty training yet!
She is so cute, and so sweet. The big girl bed thing would be alittle scary, that is awesome she did so good.
Those pictures are so sweet :) I look forward to all the next steps for Hailey this coming year. Erika's bed looks great, what a lucky girl!
Hi Emily, you don't know me, but my name is Kara (Hall) Hancock, I grew up with Trent and his fam since I was 2. Anyway, I left this same message on Lauren & Tyson's cuz I'd love to keep in touch with you all, and you have blogs!! How great! lol. So I hope you don't mind if I add u to my blog? Your little girl is soooo cute! She (and Tiff's kids) remind me SOO much of Trent, Tiff, and Tyson and what they all looked like when they were little! LOVE IT! Have a good one, tell Trent I said Hi!
She looks so cute sleeping in her big girl bed! You have it way too easy. I can't believe she stayed in her bed all night. We have been switching Elise to a big girl bed this week. But she obviously gets up if we don't lay with her because she is too little to know better. But I thought it might be easier to start before the baby if born than to wait. I love her bedding, BTW.
the first picture is really cute!
Post a Comment