• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Monday, June 6, 2011

Moving Day

It's official...we are moving! Our house sold three weeks ago and we found a place to rent two weeks ago so things have been crazy for the last couple weeks! I am going to miss our house and the crazy amount of space we had and the fact that I could send the kids in the basement to play and have peace and quiet upstairs.

We knew this day would be coming I just didn't imagine it coming when I was 7 1/2 months pregnant. Our home was up for sale for almost a year and we were just getting comfortable thinking it probably wouldn't sell until after the baby came...wrong! I guess it is easier to move with the baby still inside my stomach instead of a couple weeks old. It's just really frustrating not being able to help move lots of stuff. I am in charge of sorting through everything and putting things in three piles:

1. Stuff to go to the new place
2. Stuff to go to storage
3. Stuff we haven't used in 6 years so its time to be sold at a garage sale!

I can't believe how much stuff we have accumulated in the last 6 years we have been married. We have so much stuff it is ridiculous. We have all the bare necessities in the new place and have been staying there the last week of nights. As I put stuff away and figure out how much space we have left over in the new place then I bring over more junk! It's really hard getting all of our stuff to fit in there! Talk about a huge shock going from 2800 sq feet to 900 sq feet!

I haven't taken a lot of pictures to document the move because every free minute is consumed with packing. Erika is such a HUGE help and carries loads of stuff downstairs and to the car for me. Mostly she tries to keep Lexi entertained and lets me know when she is being naughty. Like when she un-rolls a whole thing of toilet paper and rips them up into their individual squares...or when she opens all of the packages of microwave popcorn...or when she finds the scissors in the top of the cupboard and gives herself a haircut...this list could go on for days!

We started out so good and would move stuff to the new place and unpack and take the boxes back to the old house so we didn't have too much clutter. Now that our move-out-date is 1 day away things are a little more hectic. Things have just been thrown in the new place in order to get them out of the house! We seriously look like a house out of the tv show hoarders (only there aren't dead cats rotting under a pile of boxes!) we have a pathway from the front door to the kitchen and another one to the bathroom and bedrooms!

I should be in my nesting phase but I just stare at the massive piles and have no desire to do anything but take a nap!! After talking to my doctor's office on Saturday I realize now I only have 60 days left to get things put away and organized before the little one debuts so I need to get my rear in gear!

2 comments:

Josh and Michelle said...

Thats great that your your sold! we are moving too in the next few weeks ( if we can find a decent place to rent) we have been renting a house we love with lots of space and will most likely be moving into something much smaller too. It is hard. And yes trying to get any packing down with a little pumpkin is hard! I barely have anything done.

Anonymous said...

Sheesh! I'm late on reading this, but if you still need help unpacking or anything else at all, or just need a nap! please call me! 372-0372.