So I am still waiting for that nesting stage to kick in...with my first two I was well into nesting by month 8. Not so much with this one. When I get home I just want to relax and lay on the couch not actually touch any of the stuff in my house that needs to be unpacked or organized! I have a list of things that I need to have done BEFORE little Pippy Jimmerina gets here but I seriously lack any motivation to do any of it! Here is my To Do List:
1. Get baby gear out of the storage unit.
This one I am seriously dreading because we just PACKED our storage unit with stuff and all the baby gear is probably way in the back...on the bottom. Plus I can't really lift most of the stuff in there so I have to rely on Trent to do this for me. I hate not being able to just take care of things on my own. I need to get all of the baby clothes and bassinet out though so I can wash them and put them away before little one comes along and we don't have the time (or energy) to do it!
2. Unpack all boxes from moving.
Sounds easy right....WRONG....storage unit is packed and our new house is packed and the rest of the stuff in boxes has no where to go! Trent is cleaning out the shed in the backyard that we get and is painting it and putting shelves in so that there is more storage room but until then the boxes just sit. My countertops in the kitchen are loaded down with food and junk that won't fit in the cupboards. I thought I had de-junked everything but it looks like I need to go through everything again and organize it a little more tightly and get rid of more stuff.
3. Pack (well actually first FIND my luggage!) my hospital bag
I get daily emails from some random website with updates on my babies development and what I can do to prepare or expect, etc. Today's article was "What To Pack For The Hospital" you should have seen the list...massage oils, books to read, pictures of family, memory scrapbook. Have the authors of these articles ever actually had a baby? When do you suppose I read that book...in between pushing...or after the baby is born in between feedings? YEAH RIGHT...this girl sleeps!
The email about packing a hospital bag did make me remember that I need to start trying to track down which box my baby outfit is in so I can get it washed and ready for the hospital. In case you are new to the blog (or just plain forgot...in which case you are forgiven) we have brought both of our girls home from the hospital in the same outfit that I wore when I was brought home from the hospital 29 years ago. Needless to say I will be super upset if I can't track down the outfit before giving birth.
4. Get little presents for the girls.
When Lexi was born we made sure to have a present at the hospital for Erika to open. I was a little leary of the idea, I mean seriously is a present going to make the whole "I used to be the center of attention and now I am getting ignored" situation any better...the answer is YES! Now I just need to find something for both of them...something little. I am thinking big sister necklaces or bracelets or something. We will see.
5. Sit back and countdown the hours/days left
This week I had a bunch of doctor's appointments. Monday I met with my diabetes nurse and she said that since I was doing so well I didn't need to meet with her again unless my numbers were up 3 meals in a row...wahoo!
Tuesday I met with my urologist and talked about surgery plans. He is leaving to serve a 6 week mission in Costa Rica for the LDS church and will be providing medical services to people in need down there. While this is nice...it means he is leaving on August 2nd and won't be able to perform the surgery until he gets back in September if I have the baby after that date. AWESOME (not) I was hoping to do it while I was still in the hospital after giving birth so that I would just have one big recovery instead of recovering from one thing only to go back and have surgery and recover from something else again. Plus I will have that surgery on my cervix at my 6 week follow up appointment with my OB. Blast I hate my body!
Anyways on to dr. appt #3. Met with my OB and baby is growing right on schedule and everything looks good. At this point the earliest he would schedule induction is on August 3rd (of course one day AFTER my kidney doctor leaves!) Of course with Lexi I went into labor on my own 4 days before my induction date so here's hoping that happens again!
Yesterday I called my urologist back and let him know the news and he said that after reviewing my chart he noticed that the on-call/back-up doctor whatever you call him that could do the surgery if he is out of town is actually the same doctor that placed my stints in my kidneys 3 years ago so he somewhat knows my history which is reassuring.
So let the countdown begin...only 39 days until August 3rd...WOHOO!!






No comments:
Post a Comment