
Alexis is growing like a weed and it makes me really sad! She is at such a fun stage right now I wish I could just freeze her at this age! Here are some things about our little Lexi Lou
- Her favorite songs are Itsy Bitsy Spider and the Wheels on the Bus. If you start singing them she will come over and sit on your lap and do the hand actions while you sing it to her. In fact if I can't get her to pay attention while she is suppose to be eating her dinner I will start singing and she will look at me and start eating. It's amazing!
- She is OBSESSED with shoes. She always wants to have shoes on and gets mad if you take them off of her. If we are getting ready to leave somewhere she will run in her room and grab a pair of shoes and bring them to us to put them on. If I take off my sandals she will grab them and come put them back on my feet.
- She constantly walks around the house with a purse slung over one shoulder and her baby in the other hand. In her purse you will find a necklace (or two or three) a bottle for her baby and her cell phone. Like I have said before...this child is ALL girl!
- She loves whatever toy Erika is currently playing with. She will follow Erika around and wait patiently until Erika puts it down for 1 second and then runs over and snatches it up off the floor. This usually ends with Lexi running down the hall trying to hide from us and Erika in tears!
- She LOVES to be chased. If you are too close to getting her though, she will just turn around and coming running at you with her arms wide open ready for a big hug.
- Alexis prefers real human food over processed baby jar food. If she sees us eating our dinner then she won't eat any kind of baby food she only wants what we are having. And she prefers to eat it off a real spoon or fork too rather than her baby plastic silverware.
- She loves her Dad. If he goes downstairs or outside and doesn't take her she starts yelling "DAD DAD DAD DAD" over and over until he comes back and gets her.
- Don't even THINK about going outside and leaving this little one inside. As soon as she hears the back door open she high tails it to the door hoping that she is quick enough to sneak outside. She loves to play in the backyard and find rocks and grass to chew on. The other day I caught her chewing on the stem of a dandylion. In her defense it did look alot like the celery stalks I had given her for lunch to eat!
- When she has a wet diaper she lets us know either by going and pounding on her bedroom door until I take her in there, or she will go grab me some diapers and bring them to me.

- She still loves to snuggle. When she gets tired she will grab her blanket and drag it over to you and try and climb up your legs.
- She LOVES the bunny but hates the dogs. Every time we get out of the car she starts talking in this really high pitched baby voice saying "Hi Buh-Buh" and will keep saying it until we take her to go see the bunny. Its actually really cute!
I am sure there is more but I just wanted to put those things down while they were on my mind. I still can't believe she has been part of our family for over a year...still seems like yesterday we found out we were expecting baby #2!
No comments:
Post a Comment