• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thanks Tyson and Lauren

Lexi got her birthday present in the mail on Monday from Tyson and Lauren. Of course they wrap those suckers into their boxes so tightly that it takes Mom 2 hours to undo all the wires! Lexi and Erika both waited very patiently for me to open it though! When I first saw it I thought...oh good there are two babies so Erika and Lexi won't have to fight over having a baby! Boy was I wrong!! The second I got them both out Lexi scooped them both up so quickly and wouldn't let go of them! Here she is giving her babies kisses

In college I learned about the Nurture vs. Nature effect and we have in no way pushed Lexi or Erika to play with dolls, play dress up or be girly, yet both of my girls from day one have LOVED having babies and carrying purses around. The last couple months Lexi has become obsessed with babies and Erika isn't always willing to share them with her sister! Of course in Erika's defense Lexi always wants the baby that Erika is playing with! This present was perfect for Lexi!

Here Lexi is feeding her babies a bottle:

Of course she isn't always an angel...don't let her happy smile trick you...Lexi Lou can have quite the mean streak. Don't try taking anything away from her that she wants cause she will come back and grab it from you! Almost hourly I have Erika coming up to me crying because her sister beat her up....her 1 year old sister!! For example...this baby must have been naughty because in this picture she was slapping the baby in the face


3 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

What cute pictures! She seems so grown up feeding them and everything.

Heather said...

Nature vs Nurture:

James is naturally destructive! I swear, its a boy thing. He pushes/knocks everything over (on purpose). He has NEVER like stuffed animals. His tickle-me-elmo is the closest he gets to playing with stuffed animals and it doesn't last more than a minute or two... He loves balls...always has.

Its all in the genetic make-up! I'm SO curious to see the difference with a little girl! :-)

Anonymous said...

I remember being amazed at Erika when she was 12 months old brushing the baby doll's hair. So cute!As soon as Katherine could crawl, she dug out the baby doll from the pile of boy toys we had, and carried it all around. She loves necklaces and dolls and girly stuff, even with boys! It's amazing how different boys and girls are!
I miss that Erika so much! It's sad because she probably doesn't even remember me anymore:(. I wish I could have watched her forever!