So Tuesday morning he headed down to Las Vegas with a couple people from work. I had to work so I headed down that afternoon. I drove by myself and it was so nice to just turn up the music on the ipod and sing my heart out and not have to stop for anything but gas! I didn't have to turn on movies, find books or pacifiers, hear whining about being hungry...it was AWESOME! Once I got there I met Trent at the Stratosphere where we were staying and dropped off bags and we headed out and got In-n-Out for dinner and then went and visited some friends that live down there.
Wednesday morning Trent had to be at the competition at the crack of dawn so he took off early and I took my sweet time getting ready and then headed over to the competition with the other wives.
The winner of the competition got $5k cash, a brand new truck (pictured above) and then another $1k in free tools and stuff. Before they started they introduced everybody...here is my little hottie of a husband on the big screen.
And here he is walking to his station with his new bag after they introduced him
Here are all the guys before the competition began. Almost all the guys from work came down to support and cheer them on which was really nice. From left to right there is Ryan, Kim, Trint, Trent, Adam, and Cody.
The first competition Trent was in by himself. They had all the materials necessary for a job site stacked up and he had to set up the job site. They were timed and the person who did it the fastest won. There were deductions though for mistakes made. Everything had to be lined up perfectly, bricks all facing a specific way, etc. He was the only one who picked up all the brick by hand. Everyone else used the tongs but he finished before almost all of the people which was amazing. Towards the end he was exhausted though and his back was killing him. He lifted and moved almost 2 tons of brick in under 19 minutes...my back would hurt too!!
The second part of the competition was actually laying brick. Trint Pierce was the only laying the brick and it was Trent's job to keep the mud mixed and ready as well as brick stacked up ready for him to grab. The competition lasted one hour and they tried to lay as many bricks as they could and then there was deductions for mistakes.
It was a very intense...long day! You can watch the whole thing online at:http://www.specmixbricklayer500.com/
You can see all the action there! I had lots of family and friends who watched it online that day and would send me text messages about it all during the competition!! After the competition was over we headed back to the hotel and the boys got showered and we headed downstairs to eat at the hotel buffet. After dinner we went bowling at the Red Rock casino with everyone. Trent and I took off early and met my awesome cousin Stephanie who got us free tickets to go see the Blue Man Group that night. I was kind of worried that it might not be that good of a show since I had heard nothing about it and just assumed that they would beat on drums for two hours. Well we got there and we were like 30 feet from the stage so we had AMAZING $120 tickets...for free!!!

She actually got us four tickets so Adam and Jodi came with us to enjoy the show. The show started and no joke I spent the next hour and 45 minutes laughing my butt off. It was hilarious...I don't even know how to describe it because they didn't talk at all...but it was seriously funny. They used alot of crowd participation which was hilarious as well. At one point in the show they completely stopped what they were doing and on the big screen it flashed "Late Arrivals" and a huge spotlight was shining down on a couple as they walked to their seats and everyone turned and stared at them until they sat down...glad it wasn't us but it was crazy!!
On Thursday we went back to the competition site and watched a Blocklaying competition and then headed over to the convention center to walk around all the booths and get as much free crap as we could to take home to the girls. We ended up getting about 25 hats...so if you ever need a hat you know where to get one! At one booth they had these nice huge expensive metal water bottles with the company logo on them and they were up high on a shelf for decoration and I walked over to the guy working the booth and asked if I could have one and he said he would give me one if I carried around one of their big mesh bags all day that says their name on it so they could get some free marketing! I said heck yes!! I got 3 hats, the water bottle, a new pool bag, and a keychain so that was a good stop!After the convention we stopped at La Salsa and had lunch before heading out. We ate at that place when we were in San Francisco for our honeymoon and we had both been craving it since we left there so we were excited to stuff our faces again with their salsa bar and delicious food!!
We ended up getting home way late Thursday night but it was so much fun going down there...even if we didn't win! We came home with hundreds of dollars of free junk and work stuff for Trent so that was nice. Plus it was just a nice little get away for the two of us! Thanks Mom and Dad Davies for watching the girls for us so we could enjoy our time alone in Vegas!!






2 comments:
Holy cow that sounds pretty intense! Glad you had a fun time.
Sounds like fun! I LOVE listening to super loud music in the car!
Post a Comment