• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Alexis!

My little Alexis Kamryn turned 1 today. Where has the last year gone?!? This seems to be a reoccurring theme on my blog...its just that it really doesn't feel like 1 year has passed since I was sitting in the hospital with Trent awaiting the arrival of our sweet angel. I'll admit that while I was pregnant I was unsure as to how I could love another child as much as I love my first one but I can successfully say that one year later that my heart just doubled in size and I am able to love each of my children equally.From the moment I laid eyes on you I knew you were worth every time I threw up and all the restless nights it took during those long 9 months to get you here. Your sister was equally excited to finally have you here so that she could have someone to play dress up with! At first she wasn't too sure about having to share Mom and Dad with you but everyday she loved you more and more and would cry if anyone joked about taking you home with them. I could sit and watch you sleep for hours. Those restless nights during the first couple of months were worth it once I saw you open your eyes and stare at me. I feel an overwhelming sense of peace when you cuddle up to my neck and fall asleep on me.
Lexi Lou has the ability to light up any room that she is in. She is the happiest, most smiley baby I have ever seen. She is my little cuddle bug and has the cutest personality.When the camera comes out you don't shy away either you smile and giggle making every picture a masterpiece.You don't know it yet, but if you keep giving these happy looks to your Dad and I, you will be able to get whatever you want out of us!You have a million facial expressions and each one cracks us up. You could entertain us for hours!Alexis I am so glad that you chose our family to be apart of for eternity. I don't know what we would do without you. You and your nakey little bum help complete our family. Don't ever change your sweet disposition! We can't wait to see what the years ahead bring for you. Our sweet little angel baby.

1 comment:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Love the post!!! She is so adorable. I'm glad I finally got to meet her in person. :)