• Home Tag
  • Familia Tag
  • Amigos Tag
  • Crafty Tag
  • Recipes Tag
  • Contact Me tag

Monday, November 26, 2007

New Calling

So on Sunday I got a call to go in to see a member of our ward bishopric before church. We all know what this means...I am getting a calling. So any guesses on what it is? Trent and I were thinking Primary Teacher, Nursery, Librarian ( I wish!) anything along those lines. Trents actual guess was Ward Computer Nerd.

Well...I am the new Visiting Teaching Secretary/Coordinator on the Relief Society Board plus the Relief Society computer nerd. I basically have to meet with the RS President 2 or 3 Saturdays a month for a couple hours and compile a bunch of reports and make sure that every lady in the ward has a Visiting Teacher assigned to them and that they are being taught. Meet with the Ward Clerk every Sunday to get a updated ward list and input all new members and remove members who have moved. Then I turn in those reports that I created to the Bishop at the end of each month.

It sounds pretty easy. Basically they need someone who can do more than turn on a computer to run the program the church uses for Home Teaching/Visiting Teaching and she said that there are about 2 other people in RS that even know how to do anything but turn a computer on and off so anytime they need handouts, flyers, bulletins, etc made I will be the one that makes those as well.

As bad as it sounded at first after talking to the RS Pres (who by the way is an AWESOME lady) I think I will actually really enjoy it and it will help me to get to know more people in the ward which is always a good thing!

4 comments:

Josh and Michelle said...

Holy Cow. That sounds like a lot of work. It does seem right up your alley though. I think you just made me thankful to be a primary teacher.

Stephanie Salmon said...

I'm excited for you Emily!It's always good to be busy. Sheesh. Me in my calling. I'm in YW and yesterday me and Bran slept in and didn't even make it in time. Good thing it was the other lady's turn to teach and she actually showed up. Otherwise that could have been bad...

Hill said...

I think that calling sounds sweet.

julie said...

Wow Emily! That just brings one thought to mind GI , crum I better not finish that thought. You never know who reads these things. Ask your mom I'm sure she knows just what I'm thinking!