The next three months we have a busy schedule ahead of us...and let me tell you I couldn't be more excited! Erika and I are both playing on soccer teams and between practices and games for the two of us we have no free time! Growing up I always looked forward to the days when I would have a family of my own and we could coach our kids in soccer and attend all of their games. I played soccer all growing up and LOVED it and lucky for me I married a man who loves the sport and played it growing up as well! Soccer definitely isn't as big of a sport here in Utah as it is in California and I am really bummed that it only lasts for a short time but hey its better than nothing at all!
Erika is on a team with some friends and it is all girls so she is super excited! Trent is helping coach her team and I am jealous! Of course not much coaching goes on with a bunch of 6 year old girls..its mostly getting them to focus on kicking the ball into the right goal!
I was sitting talking to a girl in my ward at Trent's church basketball game last week and we were talking about sports and she asked if I played soccer and I said yes I did but not for like 12 years! Well she was putting together a team with other girls in our ward and wanted me to join...HECK YES! We had practice last night and I thought we would just be kicking a ball around and scrimmaging...oh my gosh she had us running drills and doing all sorts of sprints and running. It was great but MAN am I out of shape! By the end of the hour and a half practice I thought I was going to collapse...and I did when I got home...right into bed! It's a good thing we have a month before games start!
So if between now and the end of June you need us we will be busy on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday but any other time we are free!







No comments:
Post a Comment