Thought I would write up a quick update on Riley since this is my one and only journal! Riley turned 7 months on Saturday...seriously where did the last 7 months go? She is still the happiest baby I have ever seen! Here are some milestones for her:

- She has mastered the art of crawling and is EVERYWHERE! She is really good and climbing over obstacles and through things to get to what she wants
- She can finally sit up by herself. She is always sitting up and trying to look around the room to see who she can find and usually ends up falling backwards when she tries to look behind her!
- She can say Mom...the only problem is she only says it when she is tired or hungry so its in more of a whiny demanding tone then a loving tone! It is still cute though!
- She can pull herself up to anything. In Relief Society yesterday she pulled herself up the back of the chair until she was standing. She will do this to our basket of toys at home too and usually end up dumping the basket on top of her!
- She is SO smiley and always has a huge grin on her face. We call her smiley Riley!
- She is kind of a lightweight. At her appointment 2 weeks ago she weighed in at a whopping 14lbs 8 ozs. She wears pants that are 3-6 months (and they are big in the waist and short on her!) and she wears 6-9 month tops. She still wears size 2 diapers. I put a size 3 diaper on her last night by accident and I as tight as I could get it fastened closed she still had a gap around her legs from the diaper leg holes being too big! I have all these size 3 diapers that I have stocked up just waiting to be used but I have to keep buying more size 2!
- She is getting better at eating real food and not making such a mess! Her favorites are squash and oatmeal with apples and cinnamon. She hates peas...I've tried three different times to give them to her and she just scrunches up her nose and spits it out with her tongue! I don't blame her though the peas smell nasty!

- She loves to play peek-a-boo. In fact Trent and I spend a good hour at night before bedtime hiding from her and yelling peek-a-boo! She just rolls around laughing and will arch her back and move around to try and find you...it is seriously the cutest thing ever!
- She is still sleeping in the bassinet in our room but that is about to stop. She now pulls herself up and sits up in it so it is time to get going on the crib. I got rid of all the baby bedding and bought fabric to make new stuff when I was pregnant and I still haven't done it so it's time to get busy!
- She loves to sit at the table with us in her high chair while we eat dinner. Usually she spends dinner time eating little snacks or sucking on the edge of the table or on the straps from her seat!
No comments:
Post a Comment